Chatper 39: Focal

"The end." You said. As soon you let those words roll off your tongue, you could see Frieda's jaw wide open after hearing that.

"You can't just leave it like that!" She exclaimed tugging on your sleeve, as she leaned closer to your ear. "I never heard this before. . . So it would be nice to know more."

Hazel mimicked Frieda, tugging on your sleeve. "More! More!" She exclaimed.

You sighed deeply as you saw Hazel excited to hear more of the story jumping up and down. You guess one more story wouldn't hurt too badly.

"What story do you want me to read Hazel?" You chuckled looking over at Frieda, who was leaning on your shoulder listening to your story intently.

"I want a story on daddy and mummy!" She exclaimed out loud. You could hear a sudden squeal from Frieda who was a hot mess as soon as she heard that from Hazel.

"What do you want to hear?"

"A story about mummy and daddy!"

I looked over at Frieda once more who gave a nod off approval placing her hand on your chest, kissing your cheek.

(Y/N's POV 845)
"It's kicking (Y/N)," Frieda said as you were playing fighting with Historia.

"What's kicking Frieda?" I asked chuckling with Historia.

"The baby."

You instantly darted your eyes at Frieda who had a soft smile on her face with a hand on her belly, sitting on the steps of the front entrance of the estate. You walked over as Frieda stood up from the ground, wrapping her arms around you in a warm hug. Historia joined in as well.

"Could I hear the baby?" You asked.

"Of course dear."

You went down on one knee as you pressed your ear against her belly.

How precious it was. You could hear the little kicks that the baby was doing. You knew with your genetics girl or boy, that this kid would grow up to be some serious fighter.

"Can I hear it as well!" Historia asked.

Frieda nodded her head.

Historia's eyes widened as she too, could also hear the kicks from the baby.

(TIMESKIP)
"Can't believe we're going to have a kid soon." You said sitting on the bed while Frieda was relaxing beside you.

"Yeah. . . It feels surreal."

"Alright I got some baby names that I want you to hear, are you ready?"

Frieda smiled at you and let out a giggle, "I'm all ears."

"So I think for a boy maybe something like Dom and a girl maybe something like Hazel."

"Hazel? Are like that."

"I'm glad you do!"

You stood up from the bed, trying to exit the room but Frieda grabbed a hold of your hand. You turned to see what was up, and you instantly read her face.

"Sleep with me." She suggested.

You sighed knowing that you really had no choice, as whatever Frieda said, usually went. You obliged laying down on the bed with her as she pressed herself against you, draping her legs over you.

"I love you so much." She whispered into your ear.

"I love you too." You kissed her on the cheek.

"When are you heading back to scouts?"

You raised an eyebrow at this chuckling.

"What's so funny?"

"What's funny is that you think I'm leaving you. I'm not going to leave you anytime soon. I'm going to be here supporting you every step of the way with this kid of ours." You said firmly, squeezing her hand.

"I have a request from you."

"What is it?"

"Kiss me. . . Kiss me to your heart's contempt."

"As you wish."

(TIMESKIP)
You slept peacefully that night. Frieda in your arms, clutching on to you for dear life. What was funny about, she didn't even realise it, it was just a natural reflex for her.

You opened your eyes, looking at the ceiling. Just staring at it. But out of nowhere, for some reason, for some weird reason, you had gotten some memories back.

Not at Marley, but here. Your childhood here. Everything that was related to Paradis, for some reason you had remembered it all.

"You're awake (Y/N)." Frieda kissed you on the cheek.

"Yeah, I am. . ." You muttered looking over at Frieda as she nuzzled your neck. "You know Frieda even though your too nice sometimes, that's what I like about you."

As soon as she heard those words she immediately rose from the bed looking at you. "Those words. . . You said those exact words to me when we were kids." She looked at me in disbelief almost as if she had seen a ghost.

"You're right Frieda I did. I remember everything Frieda now. . . All my memories here."

She didn't say a word to me but her actions spoke louder than words. She wrapped her arms around me hugging me as tightly as possible. She was holding onto dear life. Well, I was her everything after all and she was mine as well.

"Mummy." We were interrupted by Hazel who was holding Laura's hand. "Could we sleep with you?"

"Of course dear." She scooped the both of them up placing them in the middle of us. Hazel managed to crawl her way up on your chest resting on it. While Laura was cuddling up with Frieda.

This was what it meant to be with your family. It was a beautiful thing to experience as you watched Hazel doze off to sleep on your chest as Laura did the same. You held Hazel tightly knowing that you would do anything to protect all of them from harm. No matter what it was.

They were your everything. They're happy as your happiness. All you wanted to see was for them to grow up to be fine girls one day.

You managed to find Frieda's hand squeezing it tightly like you always did as you were seconds away from dozing off to bed as well as the others were. Your family at the moment was the most. . .

Focal.