Chapter 6: Dinner

(No One's POV 839)

"I can't believe he's still running even though Julian told him to stop," Nanaba smirked at (Y/N) as he continued doing his laps.

"Where did he say his from?"

"I don't remember but I'll be sure to ask him."

"Well, that was one hell of a first day for him." Gelgar chuckled.

"Hmm? A hell of a first day for him? I could say the same thing to you as well" Nanaba slapped Gelgar's back.

"Hey! I was just scared that's all that drill instructor is really intimidating."

"That's why you're going to be the first one to get eaten by a titan."

"No way! You're going to be the first one to get eaten by one!"

Nanaba and Gelgar both clashed their heads on one.

"Alright then let's have a competition once we make it to the Survey Corps," Gelgar said

"If you make the Survey Corps that is but sure, I'm interested what's the competition about, spit it"

"Let's see the person who gets the most kills and assists against the titans and whoever wins gets to brag about it for the rest of their lives!" Gelgar shouted.

"Deal!"

(Y/N's POV)

You finished your final lap around the place, as you were about to enter the cabin you noticed there were two figures seemingly arguing with you about something.

"Deal!" They both shouted.

Now you were most certainly curious as you went up to approach them, separating them from one another which made them shocked at your action.

"Now, now children what's going on here?" You asked them as they both started pointing fingers at one another.

"This girl here who has daddy issues, thinks I'm going to be titan fodder so I decided to prove her wrong and place a competition at hand." Gelgar pointed at Nanaba with his index finger.

"Well this guy here who pissed his pant, is most certainly not going to win against me" She pointed her index finger at Gelgar.

You sighed as you placed your hand on their shoulders.

"Stop bickering will you if anything you both sound like an old married couple. Anyways what is this competition about and could I possibly join in?" You questioned them.

They both looked at each other, nodding to one another in confirming that they should tell you what was going on.

"Since you asked, we both decided that the competition will about who gets the most assists and kills against the titans, and sure you can join in as well."

You thought to yourself they wanted to have a competition against the titans huh? That sounds fun it'll be really interesting to see how things end up. After all your job here was to spy on the devil of Paradis and find the founding titan to report back to Marley of your findings.

"Enough chit-chat of who's going to kill what let's have some dinner." You released your hands from their shoulders as you all headed to eat.

(TIMESKIP)

You all finally arrived at a table to eat, sitting with each other, and talking about random things.

"Hey (Y/N) did you have any experience, before joining the cadets? After all, it did seem like you weren't tired at all doing those laps till sunset, that's insane." Gelgar questioned you, talking while still chewing on his steak.

"That's disgusting didn't anyone ever tell you to not eat while you're talking to someone." Nanaba scoffed at Gelgar.

"You want to go for round 2!"

As they both clashed with one another again, but thankfully you were there to calm them down.

"Relax, both of you we're eating here and we don't cause any trouble." They both nodded at your remark.

Just as you thought you could avoid that question, it seemed as though Nanaba was also curious about it as well.

"You didn't answer the question, about doing the laps did you have any experience?"

Well, this was the first time you were going to lie and probably more times in the upcoming future. You decided to mix in lies and truths.

"Yeah I did have some experience, I would do laps in my hometown, it was used as training, and it was a pretty big thing back there."

"Really? Where is your hometown anyways." This time Gelgar was the one to ask the question, it didn't seem like they were suspicious of you instead they were rather eager to know more about you.

"Oh, my hometown it's not far from here." You simply said as they both nodded their heads seemingly satisfied with that answer of yours.

It was time for you to ask them questions now.

"Well enough about me, Nanaba about your dad what's the situation between you two, if that's alright for you to answer." Gelgar was also curious about her answer.

"It's fine I'll answer it since I pestered you with questions about your personal life, the situation between me and dad isn't great exactly he would abuse me, so I decided to prove him wrong and show my worth by joining the cadets and killing the titans." She said with determination.

You had to be honest, you did feel bad for her once she opened up about the situation with her dad, as she wanted to kill titans to prove her worth.

It sounded crazy that she was talking to a future inheritor of the Warhammer Titan.

Nevertheless, that didn't make you change your mind about the mission and only the mission. Finding the Founding Titan and reporting to Marley so that whoever one of your warriors would come and take it back.

You broke out of your trance as you noticed other people surrounding you. The likes of Nifa, Keiji, Henning, Lynne and Thomas sitting next to you guys talking about their past.

It made you wonder how Reiner, Porco, Annie, Pieck, Marcel, Bertholdt and Zeke were doing.

Did they miss you as much as you missed them? You may never know as you continue to soak in the words of your other comrades.

Maybe, just maybe you could possibly just enjoy yourself with these people around you even though they weren't warriors but just soldiers.

I suppose this wasn't that bad of a. . .

Dinner.