Chapter 18: Warriors Unit

(No One's POV 845)

Reiner, Annie, Marcel and Bertholdt were surrounding the campfire that they have constructed, late at night.

"Hey what do you think (Y/N) is doing right now," Reiner asked the others, as he was playing with his stick in the fire, still the colour brown.

"If he's the (Y/N) that we know back in Marley he's probably slacking off but still following orders," Annie said.

"That sounds about right, even if (Y/N) does slack off he always does get the mission done." Marcel chuckled reminiscing the memories of (Y/N).

"D-Do you think that. . . his proud of what we have become now?" Reiner meekly asked the others.

The others warriors began to think about his question his question was a hard one to answer.

"Only time can tell." Bertholdt simply said as the others nodded their hands in support of that answer from Bertholdt.

"Anyways we didn't cover much ground tonight," Marcel stated playing with the stick in the fire, as the stick turned black, dying out.

"Can't do much about the clouds," Reiner replied.

"Will the King really not use the Founding Titan, even if we break the wall? Bertholdt questioned the others.

"What's the use asking now? Trust Marley's research. Trust (Y/N)'s insight after he was the one who told us where the Founding Titan is located to Magath." Reiner said.

"That's right. We can't turn back. Tomorrow, we reach the wall. . . and then. . ." Marcel not finishing off his sentence as everyone looked down at the ground except for Reiner.

"Huh? What? Are you having second thoughts about killing the devils? Have you forgotten what they've done? We're the world's chosen Warriors sent to punish the island devils! We're doing this for (Y/N) as well he's been there with the island devils for too long and we need to return him back to Marley, where he belongs!" Reiner stood up looking down upon the others.

"I'm sorry," Marcel said.

"Huh?"

"Reiner, I'm sorry. You were never meant to be chosen as a Warrior. I talked you up and criticised my brother to influence their decision."

"Huh?"

"I. . . just wanted to protect my brother. I'm sorry, Reiner. . . I'm sorry!" Marcel began to sob.

.With that apology Reiner stood frozen, as out of nowhere a titan appeared from behind Reiner. As he looked over to see the titan. Marcel immediately rushed in to push Reiner, and the titan grabbed Marcel.

And that was it for Marcel.

Over just like that, in an instant.

(TIMESKIP)

"Bertholdt. . .! Annie. . .! Marcel. . .! They got eaten! They got eaten because of me! And I'll be next! This is where I'm gonna die!" Reiner laid on the ground with his hand on his face, but moments later he got kicked, screaming in fear.

"Not bad. This is a first. You actually beat me. . . in a long distance. . . race. . ." Annie said out of breath.

"Huh?"

"If we. . . took out that Titan. . . we wouldn't have. . . lost Jaw. . . Shit! Now Marcel's gone for good and (Y/N)'s going to be pissed at us."

"They said there wouldn't be Titans this far out!"

"We've gotta go home."

"Huh?"

"Let's find Jaw and leave. They would've changed back to human. Besides, without Marcel to lead, this mission is doomed."

Annie and Bertholdt started walking back from where they came from.

"Wait. . . We can't. . . We can't! We can't go home! We've gotta continue the mission! (Y/N) is waiting for us!" Reiner called them out with his hand.

"Oh, yeah. . .if we go back now, you'll just get eaten by the next Warrior. Not that I give a shit."

"You think only I will?"

"Huh?"

"That only I'll get the blame for running away? You guys are that certain you won't get eaten, too? Catching Jaw won't be easy either. If they used its power and ran our Titans could never catch up."

"They can't control it right after becoming--"

"You controlled the Colossal Titan, no problem! Anyways, we're doomed at this rate! Without the Founding Titan, there's no going home!" Reiner shouted.

"Back there, if you were a fraction as calm as you are now, we wouldn't have lost Marcel or Jaw. But you've got no problem intimidating us to save your own ass, huh?!"

Annie kicked Reiner in the chin.

"How about you come clean to Magath?! Tell him, it's all my fault! Honorary Marleyan, my ass! Chosen Warrior, my ass! Marleyans, Eldians! They're all liars! Everyone only thinks about themselves! I'm no different! I've gotta get home alive! If you feel guilty, just die! Take all the blame and die!" Annie kicked Reiner continuously to a pulp.

As Annie began to walk back, she stood still sensing the Reiner was still up.

Reiner jumped up at Annie choking her. "Reiner is dead. If we need Marcel, then I'll be Marcel."

"Please, stop this. . ." Bertholdt said softly as a tear dropped from his eye.

"This is the only way we'll be able to get back home! Let's go back. . . together. . . to our hometown!" Finally managing to choke out Annie.

(TIMESKIP)

"Is this Wall Maria it's so big and we've got to destroy it? Can I. . .Really do it? What would (Y/N) do in this situation?. . . No, he'd go all out." Bertholdt said to himself.

"We'll destroy Wall Maria, then make use of the chaos caused by the invading titans to slip into the population there. After that, we'll track the movements of Fritz, the King of the Walls. . . Then figure out a way to get to the founder. It's all riding. . . on whether or not we can destroy the wall." Reiner holding an exhausted Annie.

"We're counting on you Bertholdt!"

Bertholdt transformed into the Colossal titan, looking over the wall, noticing three people his age, looking at his titan.

Reiner as the armoured titan climbed over the wall ready to break the wall.

"I want to realise my mother's dream of a happy family. But my father wants nothing to do with us." He began running towards the wall.

"My mother knew her wish was never going to be true. I was never supposed to be a warrior. I should've died today. Why did he apologise? Why did he save me? Are you watching this now (Y/N) Am I making you proud? No, it can't end yet! Not while I still don't understand a thing!" Reiner shoulder barged through the wall, destroying it into pieces.

This was what it meant to be warriors. . .

unit.