Chapter 15: Despondency

(Y/N's POV)

"Attention all!" Shadis shouted.

We all stood in our position ready for our next command.

"From today, there three will be fighting alongside you all! Introduce yourselves!"

"The name's Levi."

Everyone seemed shocked at his response.

You smirked at his response it somewhat reminded you of what you were back in the Cadets when you stood up to Stalls in the rite of passage.

Maybe Levi had more potential than you actually thought.

"Levi. . . the first thing you'll need is some goddamn discipline. Next!"

"I'm Isabel Magnolia! Nice ta meetcha!"

"My name is. . . Farlan Church."

"Flagon, these three will be assigned to your squad. Look after them."

"M-My squad, sir?"

"Are you dissatisfied?"

"N-No but, shouldn't Erwin. . ."

"Erwin is tasked with the soldiers' formation. The new recruits will be your responsibility. Is that understood?"

"Yes, sir!"

"Man he really got an unlucky pick." You nudged Mike, as you proceeded to chuckle at your own witty remark.

"Can you not this is a serious matter, act your own age."

"I'm 17 I am acting my age."

"Teenagers these days," Mike muttered.

(Levi's POV)

I pulled out the blades from the ODM Gear, inspecting it, at first I had the blades upright but it didn't feel right so I positioned my blades so there would be downwards. Just like how I did it in the underground.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? Those blades weren't designed to be held like that. Do you want to die the moment you step outside those walls? The only person who is capable of killing Titans like that is (Y/N) humanity's greatest soldier and your not him." Flagon said with an unimpressed look on his face.

I taught him how to hold a weapon like that. What was this kid really up to nowadays?

"That might happen to you." I coldly stated.

"What did you just say?"

"All I have to do is slice the titan's neck, right? I'll do it might way."

I grappled onto the trees so effortlessly that it felt like I was doing this whole process in the underground. It was simple muscle memory.

"Was he given formal training?" Hange questioned.

"No, I don't believe so." Moblit looked in surprise.

"Good. Very good! Everything from the way we search for the titans to the way we take them down is dependent upon individual methods. This is starting to get interesting! He really does remind me of (Y/N)" She squealed.

I noticed a cut-out of a titan coming up, was this some sort of sick joke or what? Was this meant to be hard?

I repositioned myself in the air, quick enough to land on a tree branch, pushing against the branch, slicing the nape of the cut-out titan with incredible speed.

"W-What incredible speed just like (Y/N)." The man muttered

(TIMESKIP) (No One's POV)

"We will now begin the 23rd Expedition Beyond the Walls! Forward everyone!"