Chapter 5: 96th Cadets Corp

(Y/N's POV 839)

"You maggots!" Roared the drill instructor, what once was a talkative atmosphere between new cadets who were introducing themselves to one another, quickly turned dead silent as they fixed their posture saluting the commander.

"My name is Julian Stalls and I'll be your  drill instructor don't expect me to pick you up when you're pissing your pants I'll be the one who makes you piss your pants you hear me!"

Everyone nodded their heads slightly to what he had to say. Hang on a minute what is that I smell? It kind of smells weird. No, don't tell me someone actually pissed their pants, I looked over to my left to where I believed the smell was coming from. It seemed that everyone was trying to also find the smell, and we all locked our eyes on one person.

It was a guy who had brown hair that appeared to be styled in a pompadour, shaking in his boots as he saw the monster, the demon known as the commander walking up to him and gazing at him in his eyes.

"What is your name? And do you smell that? Please tell me what that smell is!" He shouted at the brown-haired boy, who was defiantly losing his mind now.

"M-my name is G-Gelgar. . . t-that's the smell of my p-piss," Gelgar whispered.

"Say that louder so everyone can hear please we're not at a church!"

"IT'S MY PISS SIR! YOU'RE SMELLING MY PISS!" He shouted which turned into an embarrassment.

"That's good to hear pompadour! Now tell me why did you join!"

"To fight for humanity, sir!" Gelgar saluted.

"Well with you pissing yourself I most certainly think you'll scare the titans away!" He slapped the man with the pompadour on the head. Talk about being harsh.

Satisfied with terrorising him, he moved on to a girl who had short light hair styled in an undercut with bangs.

"Look at you missy, now tell me why did you join, hopefully, you didn't piss your pants as well!"

"I joined because I'll do whatever it takes to kill those titans! And to prove my father wrong sir!"

"You have daddy issues huh! Well, the only daddy you'll see here is ME! And I'll be giving you more of those ISSUES!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, to the point it probably could have made her deaf in both ears. How unfortunate for her.

He continued to insult countless other people, those people were named Nifa, Keiji, Henning, Lynne and Thomas. Honestly just fodder that you couldn't deal with.

Now finally he walked up to you with a glare as you had a bored look on your face.

"Am I boring you? Will you be bored once I feed you to the titans!? Now, why are you here!"

"I want to know more about the titans." You simply glared at him.

"Titans? What is there to know? Their titan's mindless beings and they'll defiantly eat you up!"

You took a step forward, close enough that the only thing you could see was his eyes.

"You know I'm pretty sure you're wrong with that statement, if anything it'd be that gets eaten up by the titans." You smirked at him which shocked him.

"You scoundrel you need to learn some discipline get over"

"That's enough commander I believe you should let him go with some laps around the field." Just as he was about to hit you. You look over to see who it was, it was a tall man who had blonde hair kept neatly parted on the left side alongside him was also a tall and well-built man, who hand blond hair with bangs, parting down the middle and finally was a person who dark brown hair, seemingly wearing glasses.

"Fine you maggot go do laps till sunset if you don't I'll feed you to the titans!"

"Gladly." You said as you went to do the laps.

(Erwin's POV)

I was watching the usual intimidation that the commander would do shouting, hitting you name it I've seen before. With also the same usual answers.

"Notice anyone Erwin?" Mike asked me, as he analysed the new recruits.

"No, not as far as I'm concerned not yet." I simply said crossing my arms and watching the cadets coward in fear of the commander.

"What about him? No what about her! No what about him, that's right him!" She shouted out, pointing at the boy who had dark hair and was above average height for his age.

I widened my eyes, as I heard his rebuttal back at the commander. This was the first, I've ever heard someone talk back in the rite of passage and talk about something completely different than wanting to protect humanity, instead he wanted to know more about titans.

"He's defiantly the one he noticed Hange, seems like he has quite the attitude" Mike chuckled.

Just as the commander was about to him I intervened, involving myself in the situation telling him to not hit him and instead do an alternative, doing laps.

(TIMESKIP)

After doing laps till sunset I continued to watch him with Hange and Mike seemingly now interested in him as well.

"He hasn't even taken a break and he's still running at the same pace unbelievable." Hange opened her mouth in surprise at what she was witnessing.

"To add on to that he hasn't broken a sweat yet," Mike added to Hange's comment as he was also impressed with what he was watching.

It seemed there was more than meets the eye with (Y/N).

I simply smirked internally, as I knew I found the one.

As I stood up walking away from the camp with Miche and Hange following along. Today was truly an interesting day.

All I knew was that he would most certainly be a valuable asset if he joined the Survey Corps. No, I would make him join the Survey Corps.

I needed to see him in action, but if my assumptions were right he could be humanity's strongest soldier. A title that would belong to him. But only time would tell.

However, I can gladly say that I would most certainly be interested in the

96th Cadets. . .

Corps.