Chapter 20: Truth

(No One's POV 845)

"Please listen I'm an Eldian who came from beyond the walls. . . I am a subject of Ymir. . . Just like all of you. . . King of the Walls! I beg you! Kill the titan attacking Wall Maria before my wife and children and thousand of others are all eaten alive!" Grisha shouted.

After letting the plead from Grisha soak in, Frieda took time in considering what he said, as she closed her eyes. Unfortunately Karl Fritz had other plans, her eyes turned purple as she opened them for Grisha to see.

"The day of judgement has finally come, and we as subject of Ymir must now reap the wages of our sins."

Grisha gasped in shock at this remark of hers.

"When it comes to great and terrible power, mankind is weak this was proven many times during the Great Titan War such as the powers of the titans that in human hands that inevitably ruin. The power of the Founder if returned to the weak willed custody of man, would plunge the world once more into hell. Eldian sins are what brought this terror so to save the world and put it to rest we Eldians must embrace death." Frieda held out her hands.

"I live in the Shiganshina district with my family our house is by Wall Maria near the breach my wife and children are directly in the titans' path! How are you willing to condemn everyone in the walls to death for the crimes of their ancestors! They don't even know about those crimes! You stole their memories. They'll die between those monsters jaws ignorant and scared can you honestly call that atonement!" Grisha yelled.

"No. Proper atonement is beyond our ability the lives stolen by the Eldian Empire can never be returned they are lost. . . however what we can do is refuse to take any more lives at least outside the walls. If we can just live our lives in ignorance and then accept the world's rage when it comes then no one will have to die, expect us Eldians." Frieda stated

"There's no point in trying to convince me. And even if you take the Founding Titan from me, You won't- -"

"I know. . . That I can't use the power of the Founding."

"Eh?"

"The nine titans each has its own characteristic. Including the one within me, the Attacking Titan! From long ago, the inheritor of the Attacking Titan never obeyed others. And I know why. It's all been to resist the self-righteous of the King! Yes. . . We've all been led to this memory for this one moment. The Attacking Titan can see the memories of its future inheritors. In order words. . . it is capable of knowing the future."

"The Attacking Titan characteristic. . . I've never heard of it."

"I also know that you're not aware of it. Because even if you're part of the royal family, the vow to renounce the war. . . keeps you from using the Founder's full power as well! I will eat the Founding. . . and end the royal bloodline right here and now! That is the future already set for us!" Grisha pulled out a knife ready to slash himself.

"Run!" Frieda shouted

Just as Frieda was about to bite her hand, Grisha dropped his knife.

"I can't do it. I could never kill children.  .  . I am. . . a doctor who saves life."

"Sis!"

"Frieda!"

Suddenly out of nowhere sudden anger emerged from Grisha himself but that anger was not enough, as a person with even more anger had arrived.

"I finally. . . found you Grisha Yeager." (Y/N) was out of breathe to the point of near exhaustion. He was fully covered in titan blood from head to toe, as steam was emitting out of him. His Survey  Corps uniform was ripped in different areas where you could see his body badly injured with cuts, that blood was oozing out from. He slid down on the same level as Frieda and Grisha.

"(Y/N)!" Freida was about to rush to him, as (Y/N) gave a piercing glare at Grisha to back off.

"H-How is this possible, your meant to be de-" Grisha stammered.

"Dead? I don't know what the fuck you're talking about but all I know is that you're not the one who's taking the Founding Titan from her." (Y/N) looked at his right arm.

"How useless am I to take on this look" (Y/N) laughed to himself sadly

"Shit! This was meant to be a secret but it has to be done. . . A warriors duty." He walked closer to Grisha.

"Reienr, Bertholdt, Annie, Pieck, Zeke, Marcel and Porco you'll have to wait a bit longer. . .!"

(Y/N's POV)

You grappled onto the Attack Titian with quick succession as you mutilated both of the Attack Titan's arm, once you were done with that, you quickly sliced the legs off the Titan, before the Attack Titan fell to the ground, you made sure to slice the eyes of the Titan so that he couldn't see a thing. All of this was done in mere seconds.

The pain your body was having, was bad, but not as bad as the times you had training in Marley. Where they would physically and mentally destroy you, as a person.

Now it was time for the finishing blow as you sliced the nape of the Titan, pulling out the terrified Grisha Yeager out of his safety area.

"You know of all the times I almost died, this was the closest, but there's one thing you need to remember about me. I've killed so many titans, that killing you isn't even worth my time. So listen up I'll spare you so run along." You threw Grisha as he began to run, limping away from the scene.

You finally landed on the ground.

MMPH!

The impact of Freida's hug was far stronger then any titan you had faced as she clenched on to you to dear life, as you chuckled stroking her long hair.

"It's good to see you too." You laughed as you both broke out the hug, you inspected Frieda more closely as you noticed for some reason her belly was slightly bigger, but you didn't want to say anything about it, because if it wasn't that reason then you'd might just die to a princess.

She noticed where you were looking at as her face blushed red. "Sorry I didn't tell you sooner, but as you might have guessed. . . I'm pregnant." She meekly said.

"And I know you have every right be angry but. . . it's just I want to have something to remember you by. . . if you ever leave me again." She admitted her honest feelings.

You were surprised that her father, Rod Reiss was taking this more casually, was this character development for him?

You groaned at her. "It's alright I won't be leaving anytime soon yet. . . but this seems like a hassle and too much work."

It seems that everyone from the Reiss family was showing their gratitude of you saving their life.

"You do know that the warriors won't stop until they track you down and find you right?" You questioned her.

"Then I'll let them take me away, after all I deserve it."

"No, if this was me back then I'd agree but you have a family here and speaking of which you have Historia you can't just abandoned them."

You rubbed your head.

"Never mind that you were totally going to die if I wasn't here to step in." You chuckled.

"Maybe you need to teach me some moves." Frieda added.

"Sure but your going to owe me on-"

Frieda planted a kiss on your lips. Your face turning red.

"Was that enough?" She beamed happily at you.

"Y-Yeah. . . I guess so."

Even though you were a loyal warrior there were times where you would bend the rules for the people you cared and loved about.

That was the honest. . .

Truth.