Chapter 2: Past (P2)

(Kenny's POV 829-833)

"Is there a woman named Kuchel around here?" I asked a bolded ugly man with disgusting teeth, that even I would even count for teeth behind the counter as I placed  my arm on the counter relaxing.

"Kuchel. . . Ah, if you mean Olympia. . . She's been sick for so long, she hasn't sold in ages." 

I nodded as I was about to head my way to where he had said that my sister would be located but it seemed as though he noticed the rascal that was behind me tugging on my coat for dear life.

"What's a kid doing here, he seems like he can't even talk."

"This rascal over here, he ain't a mute but shy as a kid could ever be, only talks when he needs to ain't that right (Y/N)?" (Y/N) slightly nodded his head.

Damn, why did I have to end up knocking that Eldian slut, and look at what she gave me, a rascal, my rascal. 

Once we were done with that, I entered the room where my sister would be, and damn she did not age like wine, she looked like she was dead.

I gazed over her.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey. . . Damn, you've lost a ton of weight since last time, Kuchel."

"She's dead."

"Huh?" I said in response, as I heard a soft voice, coming from the other side of the room, I whipped my head looking at the frail young kid who seemed like he was going to die from starvation as well.

"And you? Are you alive?" He looked up at me, not saying a single word. "Hey, hey, gimmie a damn break. . . You hear me, don'tcha? Gotta name?"

"Levi, just Levi." He softly spoke.

I dropped my bag and walked back to the wall, leaning on it  with my hands in my pockets. The rascal took notice of this and did the exact same thing as I was doing.

"I get it, Kuchel. . . That's true. . . Not worth using your name. .  ." I slid fully down on the ground, with (Y/N) doing the same. What is this rascal ruining a sad moment, he doesn't have an idea of what's going on here.

"I'm Kenny. Just Kenny. I used to know Kuchel. Nice to meetcha."

An unfriendly brat on the brink of death. . . is all Kuchel left behind. I wasn't so heartless that I'd let the runt die, but. . . I wasn't steppin' in after a parent, either, after all, I had that rascal to take care of, but only a matter of time before I would leave him as well when I knew he was ready.

I saw Levi quickly munching up all the bread, where all the people around us were watching a kid who looked like he has never eaten food before in his life.

There wasn't much I could teach 'em, but. . . First up was how to grip a knife. How to get along with people. . . and how to say hello. How to swing a deal. . . and how to swing a knife. Basically, all one needs to know to survive in the underground. If he wanted to go above ground, it was up to him. But, when that time came he had to do it himself.

The same went with my rascal, although he was too little to understand the basics but as time went by he'd to learnt the skills he needed to know as well. A little bit of help from me and a little help from Levi. It seemed as though Levi took quite a liking to him, almost as if he treated him as a brother. He didn't know it then but he was somewhat right with that relationship of theirs but it was more like a nephew relationship. And it also seemed like that rascal was surprisingly starting to grow out of his comfort shell talking a lot more often, thank you for that, about time it happened.

In our world, the one on top is the one who can show they're the strongest. Power is all you need. At the least, it'll mean you didn't go out like my sister did. That was it, I tipped my hat at Levi who was beating a man to a pulp shouting "Do you understand, idiot?!"

Grabbing (Y/N) by the hand, leaving Levi behind to watch us go off in the distance. Only time would tell when I would be leaving my rascal behind as well. Who was now 6 years of age.

After slicing and dicing people up, like the good old days, I eventually got tired, and wasn't aware of my surroundings as I got stabbed with a knife which I could see coming out of my chest."

"GAH! Ya bastard, stabbing me through the chest I meant to be doin that sort of thing" I puked out blood, even though that rascal had seen many things in his life that could be called traumatic, he had never seen me visibly injured like this ever before.

The rascal was holding a knife, and I could tell in his eyes which once turned from a shocked looking-boy  to a full-on bloodlust kid who gritted his teeth, holding the knife with all his might charging at the man who had just stabbed me.

"DAD!" He screamed out stabbing the man in the head, once the man had fallen on the ground, it didn't stop there as I saw him continuously stab his body over and over to the point where his face could no longer be recognised anymore.

I couldn't help but chuckle at what he did to the man. "OW! That hurt but you rascal did, an excellent job stabbin him up like that!" 

What happened after I was expecting it.

WHOOSH!

The impact shocked me, as I fully expected him to stab me as well, but that wasn't the case in fact that rascal was hugging me.

I didn't know what to do after all I wasn't made to be a father, after all, I would leave him eventually. But maybe just this once I could let my emotions take control over me.

Hugging my rascal as well.