Chapter 24: Blossom

(Y/N's POV 845)

"Look at our beautiful girl (Y/N)." Frieda held the baby gently, cooing the baby as you sat on the bed with Frieda.

"She has your face (Y/N)." Frieda smiled at you as she handed the baby over to you, as you looked at what you had made with her.

"How can you tell that, isn't that way too soon to say?" You looked over at her.

"I can just tell, trust me on this." She giggled hugging you from behind as she watched over you cooing the baby.

"We need a name don't we?" You asked her.

"We still have time to pick a name for her, we'll just take our time with it." She said.

Our peaceful moment together was interrupted as Historia opened the door, to see the baby for the first time.

"Can I hold her!" Historia asked excitedly as you and Frieda both trusted her enough to do it. As you gently transferred the baby of yours to Historia.

She was a natural, cooing the baby with what some would say better execution than what you could pull off.

After a minute or two Historia had handed the baby back to Frieda, waving goodbye as she said she wanted to read her book alone.

Now it was just back to the two of you. Three of you included your daughter.

"I think it's time for us to have an actual talk about everything. Frieda, you're the only one I can talk to about everything I feel you know." You sat on the bed.

"I understand, what do you have on your mind (Y/N)?"

"I don't what to do anymore. . . what side to pick. . . it's too much for me." You rubbed the temple of your forehead, and all you hear was Frieda giggling, as you glanced back at her.

"What's so funny?" You asked her as she continued to giggle.

"You. You being stressed out is funny to me that's not very like you at all."

"This is serious, when I do go back to Marley that means I've betrayed her. . . and I don't know if that's even the right choice, they looking for you I can only stall them until they find out."

Frieda moved closer to me on the bed to the point where our shoulders were now touching, doing her best to not wake up our child.

"When that time comes, if it has to be that way you can eat me, and have the Founding Titan" She leaned on your shoulder

"What?!. . . No way this baby needs a mother, I'm not going to be there for the rest of her life while you can, and once I go back to Marley you should find someone else you love, someone better than me to take care of the both of you."

"That's not possible," Frieda stated.

"Why not?"

"The only person I'll ever love is you. I intend to keep it that way, no matter how long it takes for you to return I will always be waiting."

You couldn't help but smile as you caressed Frieda's face.

"How many years do you have left Frieda."

"I have 10 years left?" Frieda asked worriedly.

"That's such a short amount of time you know that right Frieda?" You sighed.

"Don't worry we can spend that time together."

"If I had a titan I would've used it in that battle between the Attack Titan and me."

"You were really amazing (Y/N), even without possessing a titan." Frieda's eyes glistened.

Now it was time where the real conversation would begin.

"I have an idea, Frieda, can you please hear me out."

"Of course, I will always."

"What if we could sterilise all Eldians to prevent them from having children? I think it will prevent the Titans from destroying the future and guarantee that no one else is born into the discriminatory hell. Due to Marley's government's need that Titans to participate in battles, I believe this to be the only way to both free the Eldians of Paradis and overthrow it. Eldia will be left alone and be allowed to be extinct peacefully if they are unable to reproduce. I know it sounds crazy and stupid and you might think I'm ins-"

"Yes, I agree with your idea. . . as I said no matter what you decide to do in the future I will always support you and your endeavour."

"You know you really do make a good wife." You chuckled.

"I know I do." Frieda kissed you on the cheek.

(TIMESKIP NO ONE'S POV)

"Congratulations you have been appointed as Major, (Y/N)," Erwin said as (Y/N) shook his hand, as everyone around him started clapping for your achievement.

"Ugh. . . he's always getting 10 steps ahead of us," Nanaba said to Gelgar, who was drinking some alcohol.

"That's just humanity's strongest soldier for you, if I had to be honest he would of been appointed earlier to this role if it wasn't for him still wanting to be in our squad." Gelgar chuckled looking (Y/N) getting praised by everyone.

"He really has become a splendid member at just the age of 18." Mike smiled.

"I can't believe it! I remembered when he was just at the Cadet Corps he was so young. . . but so strong!" Hange squealed.

Erwin patted (Y/N) on the shoulder. "Could you give my thanks to Frieda, for fully funding the Survey Corps?"

"Will do." (Y/N) nodded his head.

"Who would've thought you would have been the first to get married and not only have a kid with the Princess of the Walls. Lucky guy!" Gelgar hit (Y/N) on the shoulder.

"You're right about that, I guess I did get lucky." (Y/N) scratched the back of his head.

"Enough of that let's celebrate in honour of (Y/N) being a Major!" Gelgar lifted his drink.

As everyone did the same, roaring in celebration.

The party went on for hours, this was the most fun you had in the while with your comrades.

If only things could be like this forever. If only that was ever possible.

But now all you had to do was keep moving forward, and see everyone around you die or. . .

Blossom.