Chapter 22: Kenny

AN: I'm going to selfishly plug my new story I just published. Check it out if you want.

The Beginning After The End: The Greatest to Unfold
https://www.wattpad.com/story/337064139?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=link&utm_content=share_writing&wp_page=create&wp_uname=jdinjz1&wp_originator=jzVz0vd6Hzxw7REmYXtFCoBITwHOCP7vFz7bFmqpp51GYezgksbBNakTBC0AntEk1poijwrsaEUZ0GsB86425yZ%2BCAwju61f5EUv6DyiVQKOKujgd7zlEt0DbXJ%2Bwpmu

(Historia's POV 845)

"Nice to meet you, Historia. My name is Rod Reiss. . . I'm your father." My supposed father walked into the house, took his hat off, and looked at me.

My eyes widened as I heard that response. Rod Reiss. Reiss. Freida Reiss. Were they related in some way?

I looked behind my supposed father to see my mother visibly disturbed and scared, which I hadn't seen in years.

The man knelt down to continue to speak to me. "Historia. . . You'll be living with me now."

I exited the house with my father holding my hand, as I held onto my book. But a tall figure who had a black cloak and a hat to add had stopped us from walking any further.

My mum stopped, screaming as she did her best to run away but was surrounded by other individuals who grabbed on tight to my mum, restraining her.

"This is a problem, Lord Reiss. Let's avoid acting rashly now. Did the fall of Wall Maria make you a little scared?"

My mother continues to shout in fear.

"Mother!"

"No! I am not the mother of that girl! She has nothing to do with me!" She attempted her best to convince them, and I was shocked at her comment.

"Oh? Is that true, Lord Reiss? Do you really have nothing to with this woman or child?"

The man looked at me, letting go of my hand as he sighed.

"So be it. . . These two here have nothing to do with me."

"I thought that might be the case." The man with the black hat pushed her to the ground.

"What?! What are you. . .?"

"You never existed. You never worked at the estate either. Nobody knows who you are." The man pulled out his knife.

"That's not. . . Master! Please tell them that's not true!" She shouted, as my father looked away.

I approached my mother. "Mother. . ."

"If only. . . If only I never had you!"

And as simple as that.

Her throat was slit, and as she dropped to the ground, so did my book.

Those were the last words from my mother.

The man grabbed my head, ready to slit my throat as well.

THUMP!

Two of his men dropped to the ground. We all looked at who did.

The shadowy figure appeared, and it was (Y/N)!

My eyes even though they once had sadness, had a glimpse of happiness, I hadn't seen him in a while.

"Brother!" I shouted he may have not been my actual brother but he felt like he really was one, and it seems he didn't care about it all too much being called that.

He smiled as he gestured for me to stay quiet.

I did so.

"Who would've thought Rod Reiss would be so cruel, imagine if Frieda was here to watch this scene unfold." He chuckled, kicking the bodies of the dead people.

(Y/N) glanced over to the man with the knife.

"And you're meant to be?" He questions the man with the knife.

"Kenny, just Kenny." Kenny smiled at what he had witnessed as he pulled his hand ready for a handshake.

(Y/N) looked at his hand, slapping it away.

"I have a proposition for you and Rod Reiss, let me take care of Historia from here on out, sent far away and live out a quiet life, how does that sound to you guys."

Rod Reiss nodded his head immediately after hearing that proposition, while

Kenny had other plans.

"What if I refuse." He chuckled.

"Then you'll end up like these guys on the ground." (Y/N) continued kicking their lifeless bodies.

Kenny smiled at him once more, seemingly satisfied with that answer, nodding his head as he let go of me walking away so as the other men along with him.

(Y/N) walked closer to me as he grabbed my hand, he also grabbed the book from the ground, smiling at me.

I felt safe and protected whenever I was around him. He looked back at my father once more as my father mouthed out the words.

"Be prepared for the wedding."

(Y/N) groaned as he walked off with me beside him.

We were now far away from the estate as we headed towards his home.

"You'll get to see Frieda, every once and a while so you can guarantee that." He chuckled.

"We're here, welcome to your new home." (Y/N) opened the door as we entered the house.

It wasn't as nearly as good as the estate where I had lived, but if it was with (Y/N) home it was already better than the estate itself, smiling to myself.

He noticed this as he knelt down, looking at me with his usual smile.

"We're going to need a new name for you, you got any ideas?"

I looked over at the book and recalled the name in the book.

"Christa, Christa Lenz."

He nodded.

"Well you'll be called Christa Lenz from here on out to everyone, the only time you'll ever be called Historia is from either me or Frieda you understand?"

I nodded my head in acceptance.

"That's good to hear, now it's time for the bad parts of living with me, if you decide you want to live with your father after this, I'll take you to him." He breathed in deeply ready for what he was going to say next.

"I'll be on a lot of exp-"

"I'll stay with you!" I said excitedly.

"B-but you haven't even heard the whole thing yet." He scratched the back of his head.

"Doesn't matter if it means I can stay with you."

All (Y/N) could do was smile and chuckle at my response, ruffling my blonde hair.

(Y/N's POV)

"But seriously though even though no matter what I say it won't change your mind but I have to say it for your sake."

"I'm not going to be at this home of ours every time, sometimes I'll be on expeditions meaning that I'll be gone for weeks or even months. That means you have to be independent and take care of yourself while I'm gone, is that understood Historia?"

"Yes (Y/N)!" She agreed quickly.

"And as I mentioned before, we'll defiantly meet up with Frieda for your reading, since I know you like it a lot."

She giggled at your comment.

You couldn't believe that in this mission of yours, you would be taking care of a little girl you've grown to care about, around the age of Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie.

Come to think of it, you had saved her from death from that man.

What was his name again? Ah, it was. . .

Kenny.