Chapter 14: Virtue

"Mike, can't you sniff the guy?" You groaned as you started to get impatient for the bastard to show up from his hiding.

"That only works on titans, you already know this." Mike simply said, waiting in position to strike.

"(Y/N) it seems that you still quite have the attitude from when you were only a cadet." Erwin smiled to himself.

"You know, some things go and some things stay you can't always have the best version of me, when we're shitting ourselves in the underground, I mean gosh this play is dirty who would voluntarily want to live here."

"They don't want to live here either. The Underground District it's located under the safest land, which is being protected by the three outside walls. An abandoned underground. Left over from the sealed Immigration Plan. In this land cast aside from the light, it's not rare for those who are born and raised here. . . to rot away without even seeing the surface once." Mike directed that comment at you.

"Fine, I understand can we talk about something else instead then, I hate this talk of yours whenever we're with the Squad."

Mike simply smirked. "Then how about that Princess of yours any changes in your relationship" Mike nudged your shoulder.

You were not expecting that question, in a serious mission like this.

"What!? Me and her, sure she's really pretty and all. . . but I don't think I'm the right guy for her." You meekly said.

"Right guy? You're humanity's strongest soldier if anything she would want to be with you." Erwin praised you.

"Yeah I know I've been told that status so many times by you guys, but it's not that, it's what if I die during one of these scout expeditions you know?"

Both Mike and Erwin seemed to have an understanding as they didn't reply, leaving it at that.

"THEY HAD US! IT'S THOSE PESTS AGAIN." Shouted a man from the distance.

You took a quick glance noticing three people with 3D manoeuvring gear, how strange, you looked up at Erwin, and as he put his hood on so did you.

"It's them let's go." You both nodded in response chasing them in pursuit.

(Levi POV)

"Yahoo!" Isabel shouted as she grappled onto the buildings.

"Levi! They're here! The pursuers " Farlan noted.

I looked back while still in the air to see 5 scouts, catching up to us at an incredible rate.

"Heh. The Military police again? Haven't learnt their lesson, have they? Hey, Levi-bro! What I just said was a cool line, right? She smiled as she asked the question.

"Are you an idiot?" I asked her simply.

"Yeah, they haven't yet and are still sending those elite soldiers," Farlen added to the conversation.

"Those merchants must have alerted them."

"Most likely. Last time we got a bit of a donation from their safe."

"We saved them from getting any fatter and further ruining their health. They should be grateful!" Isabel said.

"Farlen. Isabel. Let's go!" I grappled onto the building quicker than before, throwing off the military and they fell to the ground.

It seemed to be that some other individuals were still on our tail as I baited them, regrouping with Isabel and Farlan.

"Those movements. . . They're not from military police!" Farlan said.