" Rubi.... My baby....what happened?" Runa questioned caressing Rubab's sweaty face.

Rubab's whole body was shivering uncontrollably. Her eyes rolled back and the medical equipment attached to her started beeping unusually. She tilted her head continuously.

" I .......was......sorry........" Rubab managed to utter with great difficulty.

The doctor checked Rubab's pulse and heartbeat. Her heart was beating like a drum inside her ribcage. The doctor also felt her body turning cold.

" The injection! She needs to be calmed down at once," the doctor ordered the nurse.

Rubab shuttered," I........didn't....... I ...... Sorry........ I.....didn't......under.......stand....."

Soon Rubab was injected with some medicines that calmed her down. Her heartbeat returned to normal and her parents took relaxed breaths. They thought they would lose their daughter.

" Do something doctor. I can't see my daughter like that. Please," Selim requested the doctor.

Without saying anything the doctor returned to his room. Rubab's father followed him silently but Rubab's mother refused to leave Rubab's side.

" My daughter will be alright, right?" Selim questioned. His voice cracked and a drop of tear left his eye.

The doctor turned to Selim," She will be fine if the medicines are continued properly but she needs psychiatric help."

" You mean she has gone crazy?" Selim's voice trembled. He shook his head in denial.

The doctor responded," Calm down, Mr Mirza."

" Your daughter hasn't gone crazy. She needs psychiatric help to remember what was bothering her. She needs therapy. I will recommend a well-known psychiatrist. You should consult him as soon as possible," The doctor explained everything to Selim.

***************************************

After one day, Rubab returned to her home with her parents. After gaining consciousness Rubab couldn't remember what caused her to lose consciousness. The only thing she could remember was a name. Dawood.

Rubab was sure about one thing that  something horrible had happened in her past. Whatever happened it was related to her university life. She knew that. She questioned her parents about her university life but considering her health situation they avoided her questions.

" Hello, Ayesha. I want to talk to you about some matters. When can we meet?" Rubab asked her friend on the phone.

Ayesha sounded concerned," Rubi, are you ok? How are you now?"

" I am good. I want to meet you," Rubab said in a hurry.

Ayesha replied," Let's meet tomorrow."

" Ok," Rubab said. " Ayesha, do you know someone named Dawood?"

Rubab heard Ayesha shuttering," Da.....wo..od."

" Do you know him? Who was he? Did I know him?" Rubab questioned in one go.

Before Ayesha could say anything about Dawood, Rubab's phone was snatched from her hand. Turning behind she found her mother standing with a pissed-off expression. The call was disconnected already.

" Mamma, what's wrong with you?" Rubab asked with a stern voice.

Runa responded throwing the phone on the bed," Instead of digging into what had happened, you should focus on your future."

Runa was anxious and depressed about Rubab's mental health. Fear engulfed her mind. Fear of losing Rubab. Runa was so scared that she did not even take Rubab to the psychiatrist and forbade her husband and sons from taking Rubab to a psychiatrist. She was scared that Rubab might die if she tries to remember her past. She was frightened that Rubab might go crazy while trying to remember what had happened already. She was scared if the psychiatric therapies go wrong then she may lose Rubab.