Just a friend

Finally it's the weekend. Work felt so long this week. I'm so bored cause coco and my uncle took asher to a soccer game a few hours away and decided to rent a hotel so I have my Friday night all to myself.

"Bye Justin!" I say in a friendly way as I exit the office.

"Wait cait!"

"Yeah what's up?"

"I just wanted to tell you.. I saw mbappe with a brunette chick at dinner last night.. And it seemed romatic"

"Oh.. Thanks for telling me"

"I just wanted to let you know but I snapped a picture."

He opens his phone showing me a clear imagine of kylian and a very pretty brunette girl. Why do I care? I shouldn't care?

"Can you send me that?"

"Sure what's your number?"

I enter it in his phone as he sends me it.

"Thanks for looking out for me"

"Anytime"

He gives me a soft smile as I leave the building feeling like crying. I don't even like kylian why do I feel so affected? He can hang out with anyone he wants and so can I so what does it matter?

I shake the the thoughts out of my head as I drive home. I decided to change the door code so only I know it before I get in.

I open the app and put in all my passwords and whatever changing it to as hers birthday. I should have done this a while ago.

I open the door throwing my bag on the rack as I crave to put on my pjs. I go in my room putting on a thong and a oversized swatshirt since its just me. It's the comfiest combo I swear.

I go in the kitchen pouring some white wine as I go back upstairs. I turn on my tv and decide to watch Step Brothers. This movie will never not be good.

I sip on the wine feeling myself get calmed down. Just as I was about to take another sip my phone rings. I swear if it's who I think it is.

Kylian

Well fuck. It stresses me out about people calling me about an emergency so I always answer. With my luck the one time someone calls me and I don't answer there dying or some dumb shit.

"What kylian"

"Do you want to come over?"

"No I'm about to go to bed"

"Why don't you-"

"Kylian can I ask you something?"

"Yeah what's up"

"Are you into brunettes?"

"Why are you asking?"

I put the phone on speaker as I open his text message. I send him the picture waiting for him to speak.

"Who the fuck took that?"

"I'm not a snitch but hey she's pretty!"

"Cate it wasn't even like that-"

"Good night kyky" I mock as I hang up.

I probably shouldn't have done that but I feel that stress has been lifted off my shoulders so it's fine.

I continue watching the movie before I decide to get some more wine. I walk downstairs into the kitchen grabbing the bottle off the counter pouring a good amount into the clear glass.