House Bye Bye

"Please stop crying!" I say holding back my tears as my poor baby crys. He's been so sick all week and I have no idea what to do. I'm the worst mom ever.

He sobs louder making my anxiety rise threw the roof.

I take his cloth off his head refreshing it with more cold water.

"Baby it's okay I promise" I put the cloth on his head holding his hand softly. His crys start go calm down as he lets out a cough.

I feel a tear drop down my face as I stare at the poor baby in front of me. How did my life go this downhill? It's not his fault. I love him so much but maybe... Maybe he would be better off with another family who knows how to take care of him.

"Mama"

"Yes baby"

"My throat burns" he says wincing as he swollows.

"I'm sorry we have to let to medicine kick in okay?"

He nods closing his eyes as I pray silently he will sleep. Looking at his wet face from his tears just breaks my heart.

I lay with him until he falls asleep which takes half an hour of rubbing his back, but at least he's asleep.

I slowly and quietly get off his bed closing the door. I let put a sigh as I feel some of my anxiety leave my body.

I hear my phone start ringing loudly as I run over not wanting to awake Asher.

I quickly answer not looking at the contact but quickly realizing it's only my uncle.

I go outside on the balcony closing to door for a quite space.

"Hey cate how are you doing?"

"Uncle he's still so sick what am I doing wrong?" I say feeling the tears threaten again.

"Cate it's not your fault everyone gets sick!"

"I know I just feel like such a bad mother..."

"Stop saying that cate -"

"Uncle.. I- I think it's best if I-"

"Dont even say what your about to say. We are not leaving him cate!"

I sob that I would even have a thought to betray my own kid. I move the phone away so it's not as loud as I hear my uncle sigh.

"Cate I know this is a stretch but move down here to Paris with us! We could help you cate "

"I don't want to be a burden...."

"Dont say that you know we love you."

-
I just got home from my last day of work because I put my two weeks in. I'm not going to miss it at all the amount of perverts that worked there is actually crazy. It made good money for me and Ash though so I pulled threw.

"Mama why is home empty?" Asher says walking threw the door. He just got back from school thank God his friends mom can take him home.

"Were going to see uncle Chris.. For a long time okay?"

"Yay! I love uncle chris"

I laugh at his excitement as I tell him we need to pack all of his toys. Well some...

"Okay asher I need you to pick 10 toys to take with us."

"What! But all my other-"

"Asher" I say in my voice as he pouts. My heart aches but it's what we have to do there's just not enough room in all the luggage. Im going to donate all the rest so maybe another little boy will have a good day because of us.

I grab a suitcase and start folding every item in his closet. All his little shirts, pants and shorts into the suitcase.

"Ash this side is for your toys okay?" I point to a section of the suit case as he gently places them in.

"Good night spiderman" he says putting the last one in. I smile at him hugging his action figure before I shut the suitcase.

I already packed all my stuff up as uncle Chris said he would hire people to help move all the furniture while we were on the flight. A long ass one. From California to Paris it's a 10 hour flight and Ashers never been on a plane.

I pray it's not a shit show and he will sleep most of the ride.

I change Ash from his school uniform to a little sweat set because he loves them for some reason. It's like his comfort clothing.

I change out of my scrubs and into a hoodie and some leggings.

"Say bye to the house ash"

"House bye bye!"