Chapter 8 Returning Home

I saw it in the distance, it reminded me of that day. The first day I laid eyes on the Hidden Leaf Village. Barley awake, weak, and running away from my home after watching it get taken over. This view though; was different. I was not in any bad shape at all. I stood on a branch hidden in the tree’s shadow staring at the front gates. I smiled as I sighed a breath of release.

            “It’s been a long time…I’m finally back home.”

            Yes, I did consider the Leaf Village my home now. With the Lord Hokage, My Sensi’s, My team, My friends. I finally was able to call some place my home. And this home was a place that I dearly missed for the past 8 years. I could never have said that about my village.

            I know it was my birthplace and my parents were there, but I never truly felt like I was home. I always felt like I was an outcast just hiding in the shadows praying someone would not find me and kick me out on my own.

            I am starting to realize though, that was the best thing that ever happened to me. Sometimes I wish I had been kicked out a little sooner, just not under the same circumstances.

            I jumped down from the branch and began making my way over to the gates where I saw two male shinobi standing watch. As I got closer to them, they bent down and got in a defensive position. They readied their kunai and watched me as I continued to approach.

            I was kind of confused why they would be in that kind of mode, then it hit me. Of course, I still had my Anbu mask on and covered in all black to where no skin was showing. Only my mask and my fiery red hair were able to be truly noticed.

            I walked a little closer to where we were close enough to truly see each other and all our features. I put my hands up and removed my mask. I then placed it in my satchel and walked up to the guard shinobi with a smile.

            “Hello, boys, why so on guard?”

            I smirked as both eased a little after seeing my face.

            “Isamu…Isamu Tatsusageru. Is that you?”

            I smiled and put my hand on my hip and nodded.

            “Yes, I am! Miss me?”

            The guard shinobi laughed and nervously got back into their guarding position. I looked past them to the open gates where I could see part of the village and a glimpse of the mountain of Hokage. I just stared for a moment to gather my courage to walk through those gates. Because once I walked through those gates, things would not be the same. And for how long I have been gone…who knows how much has changed. I also wondered if anyone of my friends were still here. I smiled as I pictured all of us together in the academy courtyard when we were kids.

            One of the Shinobi stood in front of my sight and waved trying to get my attention.

            “Isamu? Do you need some assistance?”

            I shook my head and looked at him with a smile.

            “Oh no I do not…thank you. I am going to head over to meet with the Hokage. Do you know if he would be in his office?”

            Both shinobi looked at each other than me and nodded.

            “Yes, he should be there to greet you. He has been expecting you for some time now.”

            I giggled and started walking in through the gates.

            “That old man…really missed me huh?”      

Princes of the Dragon Clan [Kakashi X OC Romance] Book 1 Completeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें