Chapter 6 New Life as Shinobi

Three months had passed since I started at the Ninja Academy, and they were a very quick 3 months indeed. I learned so much during this time and was able to truly master my chakra and jutsu’s. Osamu Sensi was so impressed with my progress and potential that he discussed with Lord Hokage and they both agreed to have me evaluated. I was evaluated to graduate from the academy and move on to genin.

            The testing process included a written exam and a physical showing exam. Both exams went over every element of chakra and jutsus as well as ninja weapons. There was a condition that you had to get at least four out of six questions right on the written exam and had to pass the physical exam no exceptions.

            I was given the exam along with the other students in my class. I went through the written exam and finished it in a breeze. I was confident in all my answers and turned in the exam. Once that was completed, I was then sent to the courtyard training ground to complete the physical portion of the exam. I was able to perform my Shadow Clone Jutsu, and this time with way more clones then the first time I had done it. I now had about twelve fully animated clones and was able to have them do different small feats to show the control I had over them. With this I passed the physical exam with excellence.

            The following day before class started, I walked through the main doors and saw a bunch of students crowded next to our classroom all staring at a billboard posted next to the door into the classroom.

            I walked up and saw Kurenai and Asuma together looking at it as well. I called out their names and they turned to come towards me.

            “Isamu! Did you see the postings of our exam results?! I have been too nervous to open mine just yet. But I wanted to see if you passed!” She grabbed my arm and pulled me into the croweld and pushed all the students to the side that got in our way. She then let go and pointed to a scroll in a small compartment. I bent down and grabbed the scroll she was pointing to, and I saw my name written on the front portion of the scroll. I put it in my satchel and gestured Kurenai to follow me back outside of the crowd.

            Once we both made it back to the group with our scrolls, we held them in our hands. Guy, Obito, and Rin had joined our group now. Obito saw me, smiled wide, and jumped Infront of me.

            “Isamu! Did you pass the exams?”

            Before I could even open my mouth to answer I heard a voice behind me,

            “Well looks like I passed my exams with perfect scores. Looks like I will become genin now.”

            I turned my head to see who had made that comment, and of course it was Kakashi. We all knew Kakashi was a prodigy and that he was going to pass the exams no question. He was talented and very advanced for his age. Only 7 years old and already becoming a genin, that was a very admirable feat.

            The rest of the group looked up at Kakashi and crowded around him.

            “Great job Kakashi! Way to go!” Rin exclaimed

            “I knew you could do it.” Asuma mentioned

            “Well, you’ll be missed but good for you.” Kurenai whispered

            “Well, isn't that just nice! Do not think this means that our rivalry ends here Kakashi!” Guy yelled so everyone looked over at us.

            “I guess I have a little more competition than I thought.” Obito looked up at Kakashi with a strong determination in his eyes.