Chapter 15 Hidden Village of Rock

I had made my way to the ninja academy to seek out the Hokage. I arrived early in the morning to ensure I had his full undivided attention. When I arrived I saw no trace of Kakashi, but knowing that he is literally late for everything I assumed he would show up at some point. With this, I ended up walking up to the Hokage’s office alone. I was greeted by two anbu who allowed me in right away. I bowed my head slightly to show my thanks before entering. I saw the Hokage looking over reports and as I approached where he was seated he looked up and put down those reports. He folded his hands up and waited for me to speak.

            “Lord Hokage, I have come this morning to give you this.”

            I pulled the scroll out of my satchel and placed it in front of Lord Hokage.

            “Isamu this is the scroll I gave you the other day from your father. Why are you bringing it back to me?”

            I sighed and crossed my arms,

            “Lord Hokage me and Kakashi read over the scroll last night. I think that you need to read it over as well…there is concerning information that I think you really need to know before we start any kind of training with me.”

            He nodded and began to unravel the scroll and read it. As he was reading and took a puff of his pipe I heard and felt a gust of wind next to me. I looked over and as expected it was Kakashi…late again. I looked over at him giving him a scolding stare and he just shrugged it off and placed his hands in his pockets.

            “It’s nice to see you’ve finally joined us Kakashi…”

            The Hokage said sarcastically while continuing to read the scroll. Kakashi just bowed his head a little and stood there with me waiting for the Hokage to finish reading.

            It took him some time to finish the whole thing and I knew I was staring at him intently the entire time. I just wanted to see if I could read his reaction which, I wasn’t because the entire time he had an expressionless face. He then placed it down in front of him and looked from me to Kakashi.

            “Kakashi…I’m assuming you read this as well with Isamu?”

            He nodded and looked down at the scroll,

            “Yes Lord Hokage I read it fully with Isamu last night. I told her that it would be best that we bring this to your attention first thing.”

            He nodded and sat back in his chair taking a puff of his pipe.

            “I am glad that you brought this to me…I already knew some of the information as I told you before…but the rest was news to me. This is very important and sacred information.”

I looked down and crossed my arms waiting for him to continue.

            “Isamu…I am going to need to keep this scroll hidden and locked away. If this information were to get into the wrong hands…it could turn out very bad. As for us three knowing the information on this scroll…no one else knows about this correct?”

            I shook my head and my eyes grew a little wide.

            “No Lord Hokage, only me and Kakashi read this and placed it away until we came here. No one else to my knowledge knows any of this information.”

            He nodded and closed his eyes as he relaxed a little.

            “Good, it needs to stay that way. You two will never speak of any of this to anyone else is that clear?”