Chapter 13 Mission Complete

I was there sitting alone in front of the fire now. Warming my hands and staring into the flame I felt a presence behind me. I looked up and it was Kakashi, he was hovering over me watching the fires as well.

            “I thought you were already asleep…”

            He sat back down next to me and gave me a deadpan look with a sleepy eye. He shook his head and smirked.

            “Well…I was trying to and then Naruto’s loud mouth woke me up.”

            I smiled and sighed,

            “Oh that Naruto…what are you going to do with him.”

            Kakashi looked at me with a soft expression.

            “I think the question is…what are you going to do with him?”

            I tilted my head in confusion, puzzled by what he meant by that. Then it hit me, he must have overheard our conversation. I threw one last log into the fire and sat back.

            “You heard that conversation we were having huh? Well…I don’t want to step on your toes and tell you how to train your genin, but I think Naruto could learn a lot from me. I think I can really get through to him…”

            I smiled as I looked over at his tent and heard the loud snores coming from it. Kakashi looked over that way as well and laughed with me.

            “All right well, I am going to bed…I’m exhausted and need to rest up so I can be ready to get Somato to the village tomorrow. I’ll need my chakra all recharged in case we have any more unexpected guests drop in.”

            Kakashi nodded and watched me as I made my way to my tent. I got in and zipped up the front and as I laid down I was fast asleep.

            The next morning I was woken up by two loud obnoxious voices going back and forth. I think they were arguing about who was going to eat the last rice ball. I rolled my eyes and buried my face in my pillow.

            “Ugh…those boys are going to be the end of me!”

            Just as I said that Kakashi unzipped my tent and stuck his head in. I looked at him with total shock and covered everything but my eyes and the top of my head with my blanket.

            “Are you up yet lazy? We have to get going soon if we are going to make it to the Waterfall Village today…and I don’t know but Somato seems to be very eager to be rid of us…”

            I rolled my eyes, grabbed my pillow, and threw it straight at Kakashi’s face. For whatever reason, he didn’t try to dodge it so the pillow hit him straight in the face. He just gave me that deadpan look for a second and slowly backed outside.

            I made sure to get ready and pack up my things before I got out of the tent. I saw the boys had already finished packing up their things, and Sakura and Somato were finishing taking down their tents. As I began to take down my tent my stomach growled and Kakashi looked at me with a wide eye.

            “Isamu…was that you?”

            I averted my gaze as I finished putting my tent away and felt my cheeks get hot.

            “No…that must have been…”

            Kakashi handed me a rice ball before I could even finish my sentence. I took it reluctantly and ate it as he smiled down at me.