{Plot 3}• CHÃPTÉR IV

Start from the beginning

Moments later Darius arrived at the scene with his men expecting to see the man that was about to be a testimony of his wrath. When he could see no one he sends his men to go scout the area knowing full well that there was no way Lord Odin wouldn't come once he saw the fake letter that had been assigned to him from Audrey. Darius contemplated the possibilities of Lord Odin finding out and fleeing but ruled it out as impossible. But when his men came back with no sign of Lord Odin the thought didn't seem so impossible.

Not wanting to give up so soon he set out to search for Lord Odin himself. Stopping in his tracks he registered the horse that belonged to the castle stables tied down to a tree.

"My king, this horse carries with it Lord Odin's belongings" a guard informed, pulling down the bags from the saddle.

"That means he was here" Darius ran a hand down his face irritably, his anger bubbling over at the thought of not finding the bastard

"And a letter is here" the guard placed a piece of paper in Darius' hands and when he unfolded it it was clearly Audrey's letter. It didn't make sense, if his horse was here and all his belongings here as well then he couldn't possibly have run away. It meant he did in fact come but his current location was the new dilemma.

Refusing to accept defeat Darius went further in his search. It had gotten very late and he knew Audrey would be worried. Not wanting to trouble Audrey nor get her worried he decided to deploy more of his soldiers to widen the search while he rode home to his beautiful mate. Arriving at the palace he walked into the castle stopping in his tracks when he spotted Maximus- the guard he had assigned to stay and watch over Audrey talking to one of the maids. Walking over to them the maid scurried off, bowing to him before dissapearing.

"My king" Maximus took a bow as well.

"Maximus, how is my queen? What did she do today?" He asked, the images of the woman who had his heart sending warmth spreading throughout his chest.

"Your queen is fine my king, she went to visit her friend in the infirmary and she was pretty distraught after wards" hearing that sent a pang in his chest, making the ache to see her increase. "But I was told you needed to see me by Lord Anthony earlier and when I left to look for you I was told you were in a meeting with Lord Ryker" Dark brows furrowed in confusion and suspicion.

"Go on" Darius commanded, adjusting his stance.

"When I came back I found out Lord Anthony was in your quarters with her majesty. I didn't go any further because I know I wasn't allowed in the King's quarters-"

Before Maximus could finish Darius had stormed out, marching his way to his quarters straight to his chambers. Maids and guards stood straighter and literally ran out of his way once they registered his darkened eyes and his balled fists. Pushing his chamber doors open he was met with the scene in front of him and it immediately calms him down but his anger was still brewing in his veins. Phoenix felt enraged by the thought of his mate alone in his quarters with another. It wasn't that he didn't trust his mate but that he did not trust any other man close to her. She was his and only his.

Audrey sat perched on the bed, a book in her lap as she mumbled soft words to herself. Inhaling deeply her scent his tense muscles calmed. Big dark intoxicating eyes met his, making his dark slits melt away. A mix of confusion and joy shimmered through her gaze as she accessed him. She could tell he was angry by the way his fists were called and his thick brows pulled down. The frown on his face had settled into a blank expression, his eyes conveying all the mixed emotions he had.

Carefully she pushed herself off the bed and made her way towards him. Her dark array of curls tumbled down her back gracefully and her pink bow shaped lips were pursed thoughtfully. She stops in front of him, looking up into his eyes with those goddamn addictive gaze that made him falter.

"Hey" her sweet voice met his ears making his fists loosen and his first instinct to reach out and grab hold of her. If it wasn't her sweet vanilla scent it was how utterly consumed he was with her that made it hard to stay away from her. "Are you okay? You look angry is everything fine?" Her concerned gaze swept over his structure.

"You were with Lord Anthony in my quarters alone?" Darius asked, not being able to hide the pain and jealousy from his voice. The hurt was evident in his gaze as he searched here yes for something. He didn't know what he was looking for but he was definitely searching.

The shock was obvious on her face and she couldn't understand why he looked so hurt but seeing him affected by what she did sent a pang in her chest. "Yes but he was just showing me your library thats all. It didn't mean anything and nothing happened I promise" Audrey tried to assure Darius, stepping closer to him.

He reached forward, wrapping his hands around her waist he pulled her closer to his chest, "I don't trust anyone else near you baby, you're mine. Only mine" there was this promise in his tone, a flame like no other burning in the depths of his dark irises as he uttered those words. Jealousy burnt in his gaze.

The intensity in his gaze left her breathless, the raw carnal desire twinkling in his eyes ever so subtly. "No one gets what's mine love, I'll destroy anyone that tries to go after what's mine"

He leaned down, his hot breath fanning against her throat as she let out a shaky breath her insides turning into jelly as the pool of desires leaked between her legs. She was already aroused and Darius could smell it. It made a dark smirk tug at his lips as he barely traced his lips along her throat making her squirm in need and whimper in want. Audrey didn't know why she was suddenly such a needy person but right now she didn't care, she wanted his lips all over her, branding, tasting what was his. He had spun them around, pressing her against the door his lips lightly traced the curve of her pale throat, going to the sensitive parts that made her writhe with pleasure.

"Say who you belong to my queen" his voice had come out a lot deeper, the dark and sexy tone sending pleasured shivers through her core that was already pooling with desire. His voice had turned a whole 360 from a strong possessive tone to an even stronger dominant dark timber that oozed sex, one that could make Audrey do exactly what he said just by a few words of command. She was a whimpering mess as his lips continued to tease her and he waited for her words but she could hardly breath properly so talking was a different ball game on its own.

She bit down on her lower lip viciously, trying her best to stop the noises from spilling from her lips. She was shaking with want, the atmosphere was as thick as caramel and all she wanted to do was have his body against hers, completely, no barricade of clothing between them and to say Darius craved the same intimacy was an understatement.

"P-please" she begged, her body shivering.

"Words my queen, use your words" her hands had latched onto his shoulders in an attempt to hold herself up on her jelly legs as she was afraid her knees would soon give way but she had no fear of falling for the possessive hold he had on her waist would never let her fall.

Only he knew how many times he had dreamt of having her underneath him, he would take her on every inch of his chambers and move to the kitchen to claim her on the countertop so her screams would echo through the palace, telling everyone who she belonged to and would always be with till the end of time.

Thanks for reading!

Hi my loveliess!! Sorry for the late and inconsistent updates I'll try make them more frequent I promise but this was kind of a new perspective so if you love how this chapter was written comment and I'll make it a frequently occurance! Hope you l...

Hi my loveliess!!
Sorry for the late and inconsistent updates I'll try make them more frequent I promise but this was kind of a new perspective so if you love how this chapter was written comment and I'll make it a frequently occurance!
Hope you liked this chapter!
Xoxo_Coco♡