"It's fine. Much appreciated so much for your hospitality."

Lyra smiled.

Dylan, who was peeking glances at Lyra, observed how mesmerizing she looked. However, his vision was cut off by the bar owner who requested to talk to him privately.

"Sir, if I may, I realize that you represent nobility from Helios. However, can you please tell me your exact status? Because how are you with the...princess...right now?"

The word princess was almost a whisper as Dylan turned to look at Lyra and then back at the bar owner,

"Well, I am the second Prince of Helios."

"What!"

The bar owner's exclamation was so loud that it made Lyra curious about their conversation. She tried to take a peek as she saw Dylan pat the bar owner on his back and candidly said to him,

"Relax. I encountered you as Dylan, so you perceive me as just Dylan. No need for all the formalities."

"Then I shall deliver you a change of clothes."

"Genuinely appreciated."

Dylan smiled as he then gazed at Lyra who kept staring at him. Upon his gaze, she averted her eyes while profusely blushing. This made Dylan also feel his ears becoming hot. Their nervous silence is pierced by the bar owner who provides them with spare clothing and escorts them to vacate rooms where they could change into these clothes.

After changing, he invited them for a meal and made everything. They talked while the bar owner brought them alcohol to consume.

Lyra looked at Dylan and remarked,

"Are you sure you can drink?"

"I have high alcohol tolerance. What about you?"

"I won't say I am terrible with it. But I merely don't like drinking in general."

"Oh! Then forgive my rudeness. I will bring you something else."

The bar owner said as Lyra swayed her head,

"It's fine. It's fun to drink it like this. Don't worry about me."

"By the way, we have talked a lot. But what is your name?"

Dylan inquired which made Lyra chuckle. The bar owner also laughed and politely replied,

"My name is Merson."

"Merson. What is your story? You are always narrating me stories of others but what's yours?"

"I don't have such a story. My wife left me 4 years ago. I have a 5-year-old daughter who lives with her in Gaia."

"Do you see your daughter?"

Upon Lyra's question, Merson shook his head and replied,

"I deliver letters to my ex-wife asking if they are doing alright or they require anything. My ex-wife simply replies to me they are doing okay and that is it. I believe Hazel, my daughter, scarcely realizes I exist..."

"Therefore you opened this inn and a bar in hopes that one day when they both visit, you will be able to see them."

Dylan's sharp comment hit Merson right in the nail as he was correct.

"Yes, that is correct."

"If that were the case then why did you and your wife separate? If you don't mind me asking."

Dylan inquired,

"It is hard to make a marriage work. We realized how different we both are from each other. I respect her. Even like her. But there are times when we just cannot come to an agreement. It is hard to live like that no matter how hard both try to make it work. She was from Gaia originally, so she went back there. While I stayed here handling this."