42. Lots of junk food

I look over to Kaiden's sleeping form, his mouth is parted and his hand is wrapped around my forearm, gripping it tightly.

After the bath we both went to bed and instantly fell asleep.

I've been up staring at the ceiling since two though, it's four now.

I couldn't get back to sleep.

I woke up from a dream that I was still tied to that chair in that cold wet room.

I shiver in disgust.

I slowly tug out of Kaiden's grip and stand, I hear kai mumble something before his soft snores return.

I open my bedroom door and take a step out but instantly trip, falling onto something.

That something is Gunner and Xander.

Who were sleeping outside my door.

What the fuck are they doing?

They groan when I land on them and I quickly get up.

"What are yous doing here?!" I whisper hiss.

They look up at me sheepishly, rubbing their tired eyes.

"We were worried, we wanted to make sure we could protect you this time if anything happened" Xander admits, scratching his head.

I soften, looking down at my two brothers sitting against the wall on the floor.

They still feel guilty.

I sigh "Come on, let's go make some hot chocolate"

____

Thirty minutes later we're in the movie room, laughing as we watch grown ups.

We finished our hot coco's a while ago and now were snacking on candy and salt and vinegar chips.

Our heads snap to the door when it opens and watch as, Zach, Zayden and Graham walk in.

They all take seats, Zach and Zayden behind us and Graham sitting at the end next Gunner.

"What are yous watching?" Zay asks curiously, leaning over and grabbing a Lollie pop.

"Grown ups 2" I answer, letting out a small laugh as the tire with the little dude in it goes rolling over the whole town.

For the next hour we watch, laughing and eating.

My eyes start to droop and Xander notices "Come on, go to bed Genny"

"Mm" I mumble and don't move.

I hear a chuckle before I'm abruptly lifted in someone's arms.

I keep my eyes closed, too exhausted to even open them.

I'm put down on a bed and I slightly open my eyes in alarm. Remembering Kai is asleep in my bed.

But I realize I'm in Zach's and I relax.

I look up through blurry eyes and see all my brothers looking down at me with soft eyes.

I close my eyes and start to fall asleep again.

"We love you, Genesis" Zach says quietly.

I hear them all agree in little whispers and I smile when I hear them walk away and shut the door.

Were not the type of family to say "I love you" to one another often but we know we love each other without having to say it.

Sometimes actions speak louder than words.