18. D.K

"Shot t-through the heart and your tooo blammeee" hiccup "Darlin you give love a bad n-nameee" I sing along, humming and looking up at the stars.

I successfully snuck out once again!

And stole a bottle of Jack that was hidden in the kitchen, yay.

My brothers looked like they were ready to kill when they saw the small Brusie on my forehead when me and Xander walked through the elevator door.

I just told them a ball hit me in gym class and gave Xander a warning look when he looked ready to expose my lie.

He reluctantly agreed with the lie with a roll of his eyes, surprisingly.

My brothers looked skeptical and asked a few more questions before giving up and finally believing the lie.

This time I walked right past those guards, Bob and John, they didn't say a word and just watched me walk with annoyed glances.

They love me.

I'm at that same park I met that asshole at.

Kaiden Knox.

Stupid sexy guy with his stupid sexy name.

I hate him.

"Where is my mind" starts playing next into my air pods and I giggle taking another sip of Jack, winching at the burn.

Because seriously where is my mind?

I laugh out loud.

Is it thinking about that guy I killed? About the secrets my brothers are obviously hiding from me.

Or is it thinking about that guy I can't get off my mind.

Or about my father who fucking enjoyed beating my ass twenty-four seven.

Or am I thinking about how it's my fucking fault my mother is dead.

My eyes widen.

That man wasn't my first kill.

My own mother was.

Tears fill my eyes and I start to sob.

I sit up from where I'm laying on the little playground bridge.

I take a long sip of the poison before pulling my hand back and throwing the bottle, shattering it onto the sidewalk.

I slide my hands through my hair and pull hard.

My mom's necklace glints, shining bright against the streetlight above me.

I sniff and hold onto the necklace.

S for Sofia Graham.

She had a pretty name.

"I'm sorry mom" I sob, eyes blurring from the tears as I look at the S.

Then something catches my eye.

Writing, small, tiny writing that's engraved into the back of the S.

I furrow my brows and wipe my tears away, bringing the necklace closer to my face.

"I love you forever - D.K" I mouth the words.

D.k.

Who is D.K?

Can't be Dane because his last name starts with A.

I study the necklace longer, oblivious to the person walking my way.

I hear a twig snap and gasp.

I look up through the bars of the little bridge I'm sitting on and make eye contact with dark brown eyes.