Family

I groaned at the sun blinding me, every muscle ached from the long night, so much sex I'd lost count. Even twice in the cramped shower supposed to be cleaning us off—not that I minded, I'd delighted in it. I wriggled against the strong arms holding me down.

"Five more minutes." He whined without opening his eyes. I smiled and left a small kiss on his lips.

"How is my head not hanging in the toilet bowl right now?"

"I'm not sure." He opened an eye and studied me. "Maybe the bond has grown strong enough to give you access to the traces of power left behind. Or maybe I made you come so hard the alcohol just evaporated." He teased as I pushed him away.

"You don't have enough of your own power, but you can pull from me now. I can teach you when we get home if you like." Home. A place we could share just the two of us. "It doesn't have to be the cabin; it can be anywhere you like. Hell, you can have both, whatever my wife wants, she gets." I moaned as he rolled on top of me, the tingling fire burning through my skin.

"What about your home? Where you're from I mean. Don't you want to find a way to get back?"

He didn't even hesitate before he answered, "I don't have any desire to waste time which could be better served loving you. My home is wherever you are, darling." I felt like the Grinch as my heart swelled at least three sizes, unable to comprehend the devotion of the man in front of me.

I tried to pull away, but he pressed low to keep me in place. "No, I want to savour this moment as long as possible."

"You've been savouring it all night, as much as I'd love to carry on, I'm afraid my heart will give out." I chuckled.

"When you're bound to someone it sends your body crazy with need for weeks, sometimes even months." He wiggled his eyebrows and smirked. "Lucky me."

Rudely interrupted by whispering from the other side of the door. I could hear nervous hissing and a little argument.

"I'm not going in there, you didn't hear them, they were at it all night. I was too terrified to sleep."

"Well, somebody has to. They're used to your ridiculous petting and babbling now, it'll be better coming from you."

"He'll murder me!"

"Jesus, pull yourself together, it's just a question."

Sam was already angrily striding towards the door, wrapping a crumpled towel around his waist. They all stood frozen as I peeked from the bed.

"Uh, hi boss man, uh we were just wondering, you know checking in, it's just, it's still a few hours from Aera's family and uh it's noon already, uh." Sam closed the door in his face, and I clicked my tongue.

"I told you it was a bad idea. Oh my god, my life flashed before my eyes."

I giggled at Cole's panic, poor guy. A loud confident knock sounded and Sam's patience was wearing thin already, not that he had much of it to begin with.

"What?" He barked. This time Claudia took the lead, barging past him without a care. Usually I would've felt embarrassed, but the bond had changed me, I felt more confident, maybe it was arrogance. I'd have to ask Sam later if I could adopt any of his arsehole tendencies.

Claudia's eyes searched over me, noticing the ring peeking over the covers she smirked, "It's about time! Jesus, is he as annoying in his thoughts as he is in person?"

We laughed together; a spark of impatience flitted down the bond. "Come on, you've got years to fuck each other's brains out. Let's get this over with so we can go out and celebrate properly."