Spike Imagine - Mission 🔥

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

It doesn't take long for Spike to tell me he saw a flash of purple on the wooden balcony above us. He elbows me lightly in the ribs and jerks his head, so I follow his lead.

"Which way?" I ask, fingers absent-mindedly stroking the stake I have strapped to my thigh. 

"This way, I think. This place is like a bloody maze." 

He's not wrong. Every door is identical and the corridors seem endless - I doubt Spike even knows where he's going. Lazlo could be anywhere and he has the upper hand if he knows the layout of this labyrinth...

"Oi! Stay focused."

"I am." I lie. 

"Look, I know how handsome I look in this tux, but come on, have some dignity." 

"I hate you." 

I don't have to look at him to know he's smirking. 

"Wait," he says, tone suddenly serious, "Footsteps."

I have to trust his vampiric hearing on this one. "What do we do?" 

"They're getting closer." Before I have time to protest, Spike pushes me through a random door and steps in after me, closing it quietly. It's a tiny broom closet, full to the brim with haphazardly placed buckets, mops and a giant hoover.

In the dark, enclosed space, all I can hear are my heavy breaths and the patter of footsteps creeping closer and closer. I look up, and can just make out Spike's eyes, which are glowing eerily. 

"Do you think -" I whisper as I try to step back, but slip on something, and lose my balance. Spike gracefully pulls me towards him by the hands so that I bump into his chest. I'm grateful for the lack of light because I know I'm blushing so hard right now.

"Fuck." I breathe as neither of us moves. 

"Do I make you horny, baby?" he whispers directly into my ear. 

I roll my eyes. "Oh yes, Spike. I want you right here, on top of all the buckets and Tide Pods." I say sarcastically, despite my burning cheeks and sweaty palms. 

"Huh, funny... I thought I'd be on top." 

Before I can say something I'll regret, the door flies open and who I can only presume is Lazlo stands before us. He wears a painfully fake smile, eyes drifting from me to Spike. 

"If you guys could keep it in your pants and not have sex in my cupboard, that would be lovely."

My mouth actually drops open and Spike breaks away from me. "Our apologies," he says, turning to me with wide eyes. What am I supposed to do? I'm too mortified to move, let alone kill this guy. 

Luckily, I don't have to think because Lazlo crumbles to a pile of dust in the blink of an eye. Buffy is standing at the end of the hallway; crossbow in hand, smile on face. Xander's next to her with a mix of fear and admiration in his eyes. "Awesome..." I hear him mutter.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

When Spike invites me back to his crypt, against my better judgement, I accept. I keep replaying what happened in the closet over again in my head like a stuck record. 

Once inside, with the door closed and fire on, Spike says quietly. "I didn't even know he was up there, you know."

"Huh?"

"Lazlo."

"What? Did you just want to get me alone?" I ask in my best silly sexy voice, accompanied by a wiggle of my eyebrows.

"I know you're kidding but the rasp in your voice is kinda doing it for me."

I clamp my lips shut, begging myself not to blush again. I muster an eyeroll. 

"But, urm, yeah. Maybe."

"Maybe what?"

"Maybe I just wanted to get you alone."

There's a pause. The kind of pause that makes your blood stop pumping and your brain stop working.

"And - I'm scared to ask this - why did you do that?"

Spike doesn't answer, he only steps silently towards me. I feel the same flutter in my stomach I felt in that closet. 

"Ayyyyyy," I say awkwardly, "What you doing there?" 

"Nothing," he says innocently, although he's still stalking towards my frozen body, "Nothing if you don't want me to."

"I don't know what I want," I say, the words flowing carelessly off my tongue, "Come on, drop a sex joke or something. Where's the Spike I know and hate?"

"I'm not in the mood for jokes, Y/N." he states plainly.

There couldn't be less space between us. Well, okay, there could be but...

"Spike."

"Y/N."

"Spike." 

...

"Can I kiss you?"

"Yes."

He tastes salty and smells like smoke. 

My hands find his short hair, pulling gently which makes his mouth open a little more.

He pulls me closer by the waist and... there definitely couldn't be more room between us now. His hands slip under my shirt and his fingertips skim the seams of my bra. I inhale sharply and he quickly pulls away.

"No," I say quietly, "It's okay."

I take his hand and guide it back to where it was. His other hand weaves around me and I hear the soft click of the clasp coming undone. My eyes flutter shut in anticipation. 

Spike places a gentle kiss to my lips and whispers for me to look at him. Our eyes lock and we stand there, dishevelled and panting for a good, long moment. I take in his pink lips, the lipstick stains that decorate the corners of his mouth, the glint in his eyes. 

I feel my bra drop to the floor.