103 • The End

10 years later.

«Wake up, darling», Severus whispered in your ear. He snuck an arm around your waist and pulled you closer, «it's the big day». The heat from his body radiated onto yours, which felt very welcome as you'd slept without the duvet on for a while.

«Just another minute», you whined and buried your face into his chest.

A deep chuckle escaped his lips, «I'm sure Scarlet is already dressed and ready to go».

You sighed, «this summer went by too fast», you complained and opened your eyes slowly. Peering up at him you gave him a smile, «can't we go on a holiday, just me and you? I'm sure Poppy wouldn't mind having the kids, she needs some company now that she's retiring».

Snape's hands seeked out your bum and squeezed it, «count me in, closer to christmas?»

You groaned and writhed in his arms, «that's so long».

He placed a kiss on your forehead and whispered, «maybe we'll start this week with me bending you over my desk, hm? For old times' sake?»

Laughing, you rubbed sleep from your eyes, «yes, please, Headmaster».

«MUM! DAD! I'm going to be late», Scarlet yelled from downstairs. Severus let out a deep sigh and let go of your behind, in fear of how holding onto it would only lead to the inevitable. There was no time for that.

«STOP SCREAMING», another voice exclaimed.

«OH, BooHOOO, you stop screaming, Sev», she yelled back.

You groaned and covered your face with your pillow. Severus sighed and slipped out of bed, «I'll handle it».

«Thank you, love», you replied, your voice muffled by the pillow.

Snape stepped out in the hallway, magically dressed and ready.

«Scarlet, if you had bothered to let me teach you how to tell the time, you'd know we have two hours left before we'll leave», he said. You giggled and sighed, deciding to get out of bed also. «And stop with the yelling, especially this early, young lady», he added, his tone more strict this time, «the same goes for you Severin».

The sound of a boy huffing and groaning made you laugh again.

-

It was the first day of term, and although you were all heading to the castle, Scarlet had begged the both of you to let her get on the train with the others. So you took the entire family to King's Cross to wave her off, only to see her again a few hours later.

Scarlet walked a few feet in front of you, with her head held high, carrying the Sphynx cat she'd convinced her father to get her. She'd named him Ceasar, after the toad you used to have, and she loved him.

She'd also left Severus to push her cart, which didn't surprise you. That girl had her father wrapped.

Observing her confident walk moved something in you, especially since you'd never been that person.

It also made you sigh and smile, as you'd tried to cut the girl's hair literally forever, but she'd refused. For some reason that girl was stubborn as hell. She had long black hair that went all the way down to the small of her back, and she wouldn't let you near it — not even to braid it. It just cascaded off of her scalp, completely straight, jet black and.. powerful.

I can't do this.

Snape stopped pushing the cart and looked back at you, noticing the tears in your eyes. «You alright?», he asked.