93 • Swedish Siren

A/N: A new OC appears here. She does not exist in the wizarding world of Harry Potter.

**

A few weeks later.

The Great hall was filled to the brim with students and staff, the sound of people chattering and laughing echoed throughout the room. The Gryffindor table, especially, was very loud — as they had just won a quidditch game against Ravenclaw. Despite it not being the Slytherin's loss, there still was a seething mood hovering over your table like a misty fog.

The level of excitement and happiness staggered almost immediately as the two doors suddenly reopened. Nearly each and every one of the seated students turned to its direction, curious and surprised to see Lucius Malfoy in front.

His imprisonment in Azkaban, and his pardoning, was widely known. Therefore, his presence in the Great hall came as a shock to many. A handful of people, at least, felt a burning rage form inside of them, knowing where his loyalty had been during the war. It didn't matter that the Ministry, nor Dumbledore, had pardoned the man.

A few had seen him at Hogwarts the few times he had visited his son, but him being in the Great hall meant that he had been invited.

Behind him you registered a sauntering Professor Penrose. He was wearing a dark blue fitted suit with silver details. His round rimmed glasses matching the rest.

Your heart fluttered at the sight of the man behind Penrose. The wizard you'd fallen in love with long ago, walked in his usual striding manner. You quickly distracted Scarlet to the best of your ability, so she'd not scream for him.

With his eyebrows pressed down slightly Snape's expression made him look quite unimpressed and displeased. However, there was a strange glimmer in his eye as he spoke quietly to..

Wait...

«Who's that.. talking to Professor Snape?», you asked Pike, who was sat next to you, obviously staring in the same direction as you. He seemed hexed in a way. You furrowed your eyebrows and waved your hand in front of his face, and when you didn't succeed in getting his attention you turned to Crabbe across from you, «Hello?», you whispered quietly, but the boy was bewitched all the same.

You glanced over at the staff one more time and felt your stomach do a flip.

«It's Miss Anderson», Pansy mumbled. She was sat next to you, resting her head in her palm, looking extremely bored, and maybe a tad depressed. «She works at the Ministry, I think she's swedish», she added and sighed.

«Do you know her?», you asked in a whisper and peered at the blonde witch that walked beside Snape. She carried herself so elegantly. Her long wavy blonde hair reached the hem of her skirt. The skirt was white and flowed down just below her knees, and her blouse turquoise, matching her icy blue eyes. She was wearing black pointy heels and a rather small and delicate black cape that was draped over her one shoulder.

«No», Pansy replied dryly, «I've seen her in The Daily Prophet. She's kind of popular».

I wonder why.

«I see», you murmured and cleared your throat as you pressed your hands to your thighs, gripping them nervously.

Pansy side-eyed you and sat up straight when she noticed your twitchy state, «are you jealous?», she whispered. Your cold stare snapped to her.

«No», you lied. Pansy sighed.

«They're just talking», she tried to reassure you, but knew deep down she was dreadfully bad at judging these situations. Hence her longlasting unrequited love.