29 • Black Rose

A couple of days later there was a quidditch game between Slytherin and Gryffindor, a game you couldn't miss. The wind was brisk as large dark clouds covered the sky in the early morning. Above the clouds there were dementors floating around Hogwarts, on duty for the Ministry. They weren't close enough for the students to see them, so the usual energy, glee and tension filled the air around the quidditch pitch all the same.

Seeing as Professor Snape hadn't commented on you skipping detention yet, you kept doing it. If he didn't care, nor should you.

You left the Great hall linking arms with Jade who couldn't stop giggling about Theodore. Smiling back at her you felt your mind trail off into nothingness.

You'd had a piece of bread by the table at breakfast, knowing that Draco kept an eye on you. And he probably wasn't the only one. After you'd fainted in class Professor Snape hadn't said a word, nor had he challenged you in class again. At least not yet.

Sitting in the spectator seatings with Jade, Theodore, Pansy, Pike, Crabbe and Goyle, you were all fully dressed with the Slytherin scarf and everything. Draco and Blaise were both on the team. Draco a seeker and Blaise a chaser. As people walked by your seats you saw them glancing at you and whispering your name in the same sentence as Potter. Sinking into your seat you wondered how many around the school thought you were dating him.

«Do you want one?», Jade's voice interrupted your worried mind as she held out her bag of jelly slugs for you, shaking your head you thanked her for the offer. Waiting for the game to start you yawned as you tried to spot Draco on the pitch, but they didn't seem to be ready yet.

«Hey Mr. Malfoy», someone yelled not too far from you in the spectator seats. You couldn't see who it was, but the voice sounded like it belonged to a boy or a man. You did, however, see the white haired man standing between two row of seats as he gazed out on the pitch. As he looked around to see who called for him he found your eyes and looked surprisingly displeased as he did so. «Mr. Malfoy», the voice exclaimed again, disturbing his little moment with you. The older wizard turned to see the man and ended up talking to him about his son and his quidditch skills.

«How come Professor Snape snapped at you all of a sudden? You know, in class the other day», Jade asked as she put another jelly slug in her mouth. The sound of her chewing was quite a bit annoying, really.

«I don't know», you said and frowned. And that was the truth. You didn't know.

«Maybe he is having a rough time, who knows?», she said nonchalantly and shrugged her shoulders without much concern. Anxiety washed over you as you had a bad feeling she might have been on to something.

The game started and you all watched your friends on the pitch intently. You didn't really have control on the rules or anything, even after seven years, but cheered on when the others did. What was most exciting to you was watching the snitch when it appeared, and obviously as the boys started chasing it. Harry Potter was annoying in many ways, but sometimes the most annoying version of him was the one on the pitch. People didn't seem to care about anyone else and the commentator certainly seemed like the number one fan. And he was annoyingly good at catching the snitch.

Yawning again you felt yourself drift off to sleep. After a bit you were woken up by the loud noise of cheers coming from the Gryffindor tower, the spectators happy to see another score for the red and orange team. Looking at Jade who watched the game as if it was the most amazing thing ever you poked her side, «I think I'm gonna go back and get some sleep, I'm very tired», you whispered. Although she felt concerned she knew it would be best that way, smiling at you she nodded in agreement. You tried to slither your way out of there without attracting too much attention.