27. Void-Black Sword

BAIRON

"What do you mean something happened east of the castle?"

"General Bairon, the reports say that a pearlescent oval opened in the middle of  Dauer city, a horned man stepped through and started wreaking havoc!"

Tch! How did a Vritra clan member get here? Did they have personal use portals all this time. But if so, why didn't they simply transport a large army in strategic positions over Dicathen?

Maybe it's because they can't, maybe it's because they're unstable or they're one-time use or something?

"General Barion, another green-haired Alacryan was spotted murdering citizens in Ganing city! General Alea and Princess Tessia Eralith have been dispatched along with the 5th division to intervene, sir!"

"Princess Tessia, why would they send her?"

"It was advised by the dwarven Councilman, therefore, Councilman Alduin issued an order that his daughter is to accompany General Alea!"

This doesn't seem right, but I don't have time to spare.

"I'll fly to Dauer, send backup as a precaution, do not link any portals to Dauer or Ganing! We can't risk the Alacryans stepping foot into our headquarters."

"Sir yes sir!"

I rushed to the balcony and leapt off the Floating Castle. Mana rushed through my body as I flied at full speeds to Dauer city.

***

Reaching Dauer, I was suprised. Some buildings were on fire, and there were dead people on the street, but it was way too little damage for a Vritra to induce. What is this?

Wait a minute, the corpses. They aren't dead. I can still sense mana in them!

I landed on the cobbled pavement in the middle of the city with a thud. I looked around for a short while before I spotted him.

A muscular man with ash-black hair, dark eyes, and horns behind his ears landed in front of me. He possesed handsome features, along with a dark suit of armor and a lavish purple cape.

"Lance Bairon, I was expecting someone else." He said, indifferently.

"You know me?"

"My Scythe informed me, yes."

"Why are you doing this? This city hasn't done anything to you."

"I was ordered to make a scene to attract Arthur Leywin."

"That murderous bastard? What could you want with him?"

"Whatever your relationship is with him, now it is completely irrelevant, the fate of the world rests in his hands."

"Tch! He killed my brother! How can that be irrelevant at any moment!?"

"Considering your brother was brainwashed with elixirs provided to him by an Alacryan, as well as the fact that he attempted to rape the elven princess, I am positive Arthur Leywin's actions were justified."

Lucas attempted to...? He was brainwashed? Why didn't I know of this? Still, I can't lose my cool in front of this guy, he's strong.

"Why is another Vritra clansman attacking Ganing, which is so far west from here?"

I can atleast try to pry some information out of him.

"What do you mean?" He asked, sporting a tinge of worry on his face.

"A green haired man is currently wreaking destruction on Ganing city, does this have something to do with Arthur as well?"

"No, this is not good news." The black haired man said, pulling a circular device out of his armor.