4. Masters and Students

Virion Eralith:

Who is that boy. I couldn't even sense his mana core, yet he says he's a mage without a shred of dishonesty in his eyes.

His looks are unique, auburn hair with golden streaks, eyes, shining gold and deep blue. His character is exhilarating, serious and mature yet childish and carefree. And I'd say the little one has grown very fond of him. Who even are his parents?

I think she would like to have a chat with him. But it seems that I'll have to convince him to stay.

-Later that day-

"Grandpa!" Tessia yelled.

"Why would you attack your own grandaughter? You old coot?!" Arthur said.

This boy has balls! Hah! Now-

Where did he go?

Something came behind me, I barely parried the attack, it was Arthur. He was fast, but his movements were uncoordinated, as if there wasn't yet a clear link between his mind and body.

"I doubt that rubber toy will hurt anyone, kiddo." I remarked as Arthur glanced at the toy knife in his hand with a sour look.

"Now then..." I said as I handed him a wooden practice sword. "...show me your skills,brat!"

He wrapped his sword in mana, so he really is a mage! What's his affinity I wonder?

He launched a fireball at me which I easily countered with my own wind magic. So he's a fire attribute mage. That spell was pretty good for his age, but nothing to brag abou-

A gust of wind swept me off my feet. Two elements, this is getting more interesting!

Before I could finish my thought, a blade covered in lightning appeared in front of my eyes. I activated the first phase of my beast will. I dodged and managed to land a hit on the brat!

As I went to finish him, my feet wouldn't budge, they were encased in hard rock as an earthen pillar rose just to smack me in the face.

"Art! Grandpa! Stop!" Tessia yelled.

"I think we should call it a day here, Arthur."

"You're not bad, gramps" He said.

"Gramps, heh, someone's getting comfortable." I said with a smug look.

Not bad!? That's it?! I thought to myself, the brat's a monster, she'll definetly want to speak to him, I have to convince him to stay somehow.

"Arthur, become my disciple." I spoke in a serious tone.

"Why?" Arthur said.

"You're having pains in your core, aren't you?"

He looked at me in shock.

Even though I couldn't sense his mana core, hell, I couldn't even sense mana fluctuations around him as he used his spells. I could still see the wisps of a beast will deep inside him.

"And I can take you to someone, someone who might confirm the status of your parents." I said to seal the deal.

He looked at me with a renewed hope in his eyes, and shook my hand. "Very well, it seems you have much to teach me gramps, but what do you know about the pains?"

"Do you know what a beast will is, brat?" I asked.

"I've heard of it, but I don't know exactly what it does." The kid said.

I sat him and Tessia down, explaining the concept of the beast will to them both. How you could either gain one by killing the beast and gaining it's core, or the beast gave it to you to show love and affection.