12. Calm Before The Storm

Rinia Darcassan:

"Are you sure it's smart to split them apart? Ever since they came into contact, the mana in aether have been humming in perfect harmony."

"I have no choice, Rinia, it's the only chance we have against the Legacy."

"I see, and you're positive the *omitted* is in this world?"

"It has already stepped into contact with them. No one here is powerful enough to distrupt Agrona's spells."

"Tch, I'll trust your judgement."

"Lady Myre will advise Lord Indrath to send Lord Windsom there soon, expect his arrival in a few months."

"Isn't that a bit late?"

"I have some last minute preparations to make, the accolyte is on it's way to Epotheus."

"I see... end transmission."

Who can break Agrona's spell? How did it step into contact with them, even with all the precautions I took...

Sometimes I feel like this divination power is useless...

-----------

Arthur Leywin:

"Thank you for your guidance, professor Geist." I said while wanting to say "professor asshole".

He nearly killed Kathyln, this guy is nuts. Tch, now I have to head to the training room.

"As expected of my rival!" Feyrith said.

"You did good too, Feyrith. I'm sure you would've defeated him if you knew what spell he was using."

"T-that's a given!" Feyrith crossed his arms.

"What did you think of my performance, Arthur?" Kathyln asked me.

"Uh, well you see. You overfocused on offense and left yourself wide open. This time, it nearly cost you your life."

"I see." She said with a neutral expression. How does she managed to do that?

I made my way over to the training room only to be greeted by a large explosion. "Damn it!" I heard from the center of the room.

"Gideon, what's up?"

"I'm working on this for you, kiddo." He said, all black from the explosion.

"On what?"

"Tobies, I call them. They absorb mana from your attacks and adapt to your fighting style." He spat in my face. "Thanks to their advanced mana shields, they're practically indestructible!"

I looked at the pile of metal laying on the floor. "I, see... but this is really about you wanting more world changing stuff from me, isn't it?"

"YES! PLEASE!" He screamed. "I don't know what's in that head of- wait! So you can make even more world changing stuff?"

"Yes. But I'm not here to indulge your selfish desires." I released some pressure on him.

"Please, just a little bit, look at the robots I made for you" He looked at me with puppy-dog eyes.

This guy has no shame. I can't bring stuff like telephones into this world. But I have an idea to get him away for now.

I grabbed a blueprint and started drawing.

"But-but. OF COURSE!" Gideon yelled. "A toilet seat that uses external energy to heat itself up! Marvelous!"

"Is that all for now, Gideon."