64. Reunited

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Dream trails behind Marcus, so close that he nearly steps on the heels of his shiny black shoes.

Marcus abruptly stops leading to Dream crashing into the back of his suit jacket.

The older man turns around with a disapproving look on his face.

Dream mumbles an apology but smiles.

"I know you're excited to see Y/N, I am too," her father says. "But please try to contain yourself."

The two ride the elevator down to the hospital wing. Dream fidgets nervously with his hands, watching as the glowing numbers slowly tick down.

Marcus nods as the guards and they step aside to let them through.

Dream stares at the swinging double doors, the love of his life waiting behind them.

He feels a hand rest on his shoulder and turns to see Marcus standing there with a genuine smile.

"I'll let you two have some time alone. I'll come in later with some food for my daughter."

The blond nods gratefully as Marcus speed walks away.

His heart pounds as he glances at both of the guards before slowly pushing open the heavy gray doors.

The infirmary is just as he remembered. With its white walls, plain beds, and silver instruments.

Just like the day I was here.

His green eyes scan the beds and peer behind the curtains.

"Y/N?" he calls out. His voice echoes around the empty room.

"Dream?"

He follows the sound of her voice to a bed in the far right corner. It's obscured by a white curtain that seems to match the walls in color, blending in.

He hastily pulls it aside and lunges at her, wrapping his arms around her torso.

Y/N rests her hands on his back and smiles, stroking her dirty blond hair.

"I missed you so much," he whispers. A few tears trickle down his face as he wipes them on her hospital gown.

"I missed you too my love," Y/N whispered back. Her lips brush against his ear and her warm breath tinkles the base of her neck.

Dream settles on the edge of the bed and notices that it's much fancier and more luxurious that the others.

The sheets feel like soft silk and he notices the Black Crowd Mafia symbol of a pair of wings etched into the pillow.

Y/N lets out a sigh and lies down. She stretches her arms out, letting her Y/H/C hair fan around her head. The wings perfectly align with her head as Dream leans down with a smirk.

Using his arms to brace himself on either side of her, Dream connects his lips with hers in a gentle kiss.

"I see I've interrupted something," a voice says from the doorway. The two of them look up to see Marcus standing with a silver tray in his hand. A large silver dome covers the majority of it.

"Dad?" Y/N's eyes widen as she looks at Dream for an explanation. He chuckles and squeezes her hand lightly.

"I'll let him explain."

He rolls over to lie next to her, grateful that the bed is at least the size of a queen bed. He slides closer to her, resting one hand on her waist while the other plays with her hair.

Marcus grabs a nearby chair and plops it down beside the bed. He puts the tray on the table and yanks the curtain closed to give them privacy in case anyone came in.

He leans down and hugs her daughter with a kiss on the forehead.

Y/N hesitantly wraps her arms around him, confusion still written all over her face.

Marcus places the tray across her lap and lifts the silver dome dramatically.

"Bon appetite."

Y/N's face turns to a frown and she crosses her arms.

"I want an explanation first."

"No, you need to eat first."

"I had food already."

"Have some more."

"I'm not hungry. I'll soon be hungry for your head if you don't give me an explanation."

Marcus shoots Dream a 'help me' look but he just smirks.

Dream traces the bandages lightly placed on Y/N's arms and cheek. He's surprised to see that she escaped with relatively minor injuries, apart from being electrocuted into a coma.

Marcus and Y/N seem to be having a standoff with their eyes, neither one blinking. His dark eyes are locked with her Y/E/C eyes as they glare at each other.

"Fine."

Marcus tears his gaze away and blinks a few times.

He settles on the chair as Y/N smirks triumphantly.

"I guess I'll start from the beginning."

Time skip since he's going to tell her what he told Dream

"Wow," Y/N blinks up at her father as he finishes his story. "I can't believe you didn't tell me."

"Telling you would defeat the purpose of the test," Marcus chuckles. "It was to see how well you'd handle running the mafia world on your own."

Y/N smiles as glances over her shoulder to see Dream fast asleep. His hand rests on her stomach and his head rests against the crook of her neck, his dirty blonde hair tickling her skin.

His chest rises and falls with slow even breaths as Y/N stares at his face intently. His dirty blond eyelashes are pressed together and look much longer than they usually do.

"I tested him too," she whispers, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"Oh I know," Marcus laughs. He places a hand on hers and swipes his thumb over her fingers. "Like father like daughter."

Y/N sighs as her eyes begin to close. She rests her head on Dream's, basking in his heat and love. 

"So," Marcus asks, his voice shifting to a much lighter tone. "When's the wedding?"

——————————————————————————————

1,066 words

2 more chapters + the epilogue left!

The next chapter might take a few days since I'll be putting the wedding all into one chapter. That includes the planning, ceremony, party, and night action. The whole chapter is going to be an emotional rollercoaster.

I also decided not to have any wedding smut but I'll make it a bit spicy for you guys :)

The last chapter I'm debating on being a tragic ending or a happy ending.

Maybe I'll leave it up to you guys 🤔

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!

Mafia King and Queen - Dream x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara