28. Last Game

Dream POV

The last thing I remember was a sharp pain running through my veins like an electrical current. Then my vision blacked out.

I register the cold, metal feel of the floor below me and the cold, heavy metal clamped around my wrists and ankles.

I slowly sit up, and the sound of chains clanking follows.

"Why don't you ever play by the game's rules?"
Y/N's voice calls from my left. I can hear it echo and bounce off the walls around me, confirming my worst fear.

I spring up and lunge toward the sound of her voice.

The sound of clanking chains follows along with a sharp tug on each of my limbs.

Y/N laughs and there's the sound of her footsteps moving toward me.

"Why would you do this to me?!" What have I ever done to you?!" I scream.

"Nothing," is the reply.

"Then why?" I ask. A few tears trickle down my cheeks as I remember the desperate cries of my friends and family. "Why would you hurt the ones I love?"

"I told you to choose one Dream," a bright light turns on over my head and Y/N stands in front of me, arms crossed. "And you decided to go off the path and choose something that wasn't an option."

"You really expected me to choose between a mafia I've worked on for years, friends I've loved and spent time with, and family who raised me?! You're sick!"

Y/N doesn't flinch at my yells. Instead, she turns around and reaches for something off to the side. I sit up and glare at her.

There's the sound of clicking keys. On the desk against the wall, there is a keyboard. And on the wall are four monitors.

A few keyboard clicks later, the monitors turn on. Each shows a different scenario.

I gasp softly.

On the top right is my entire mafia, kneeling in a dark room with guards on all sides, pointing guns at them.

On the bottom right are guards surrounding Punz, Karl, and Skeppy while some gather cash from the safes.

On the top left are guards surrounding my parents at their home in Miami. They sit against the wall looking terrified as the guards talk amongst themselves.

Finally, in the bottom left is Drista, sitting alone in her room with two guards. Her eyes dart nervously between them and the closed door.

Y/N leans down and presses a key on the keyboard.

"Niki?"

One of the guards in the mansion stares straight at the camera and pulls off their face covering. Niki smiles back and waves.

"Lisa?"

One of the guards with my men pulls off their face covering and smiles. I curse softly, remembering how I danced with both Y/N and Lisa without any knowledge of who they were.

"Techno?"

My head snaps up instantly to the top left where Techno comes into the frame and smiles.

"Hey N/N!"

"Drista?" 

Drista looks up at the camera and flips her off.

Y/N laughs and shakes her head.

"I can see why you like your sister now."

"Dream has to make a choice," Y/N says loudly. She must have microphones with everyone because they all look up at the camera so I can see the desperation and fear etched on all their faces. "He chooses one of you to save and the rest will be—terminated." She smirks at the last word.