38. Night Changes

The chapters are late, sorry, I was on vacation.

Happy New Year! 🥳🎇 🎉🎆
Hoping for a better 2023!

I still have to write a New Year's chapter which should be put this week if I have time.

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Dream rests on hand on her waist as he twirls her around. Her black boots click against the ground and Dream tries to avoid stepping on them with his black dress shoes.

Drivin' too fast, moon is breakin' through her hair
She's headin' for somethin' that she won't forget
Havin' no regrets is all that she really wants

He smiles, his hand reaching up to brush away a few strands of hair. Y/N smiles back, her eyes filled with nothing but love.

We're only gettin' older, baby
And I've been thinkin' about it lately
Does it ever drive you crazy
Just how fast the night changes?
Everything that you've ever dreamed of
Disappearing when you wake up
But there's nothing to be afraid of
Even when the night changes
It will never change me and you

Dream grabs the bottle of champagne and the two glasses as he spins her around.

"What happened to staying sober?" she giggles, watching him pour the golden-colored, sparking champagne into the tall, but slender glass. "How are you and your men supposed to get home?"

When the two glasses are poured, he sets the bottle on the table and strides back over, balancing the champagne between his fingers.

"You won't mind if we crash here for the night?" Dream takes a sip while handing the other to Y/N. He walks behind her to whisper in her ear. "Would you?"

Y/N flicks his forehead and scoffs.

"No."

"Good," Dream drains the rest of the glass. "Then I don't see any reason why we can't have fun."

Chasing it tonight, doubts are runnin' 'round her head
He's waitin', hides behind a cigarette
Heart is beatin' loud and she doesn't want it to stop
Movin' too fast, moon is lightin' up her skin
She's fallin', doesn't even know it yet
Havin' no regrets is all that she really wants

Dream grins and snatches the bottle while he guides her to the closed balcony doors. Y/N throws open the glass doors as the music continues to blare.

The drinks are set on the balcony, glinting gold in the moonlight.

Y/N twirls around while Dream catches her mid-spin, his hands resting on her hips.

We're only gettin' older, baby
And I've been thinkin' about it lately
Does it ever drive you crazy
Just how fast the night changes?
Everything that you've ever dreamed of
Disappearing when you wake up
But there's nothing to be afraid of
Even when the night changes
It will never change me and you

"Why can't life just be like this?" Y/N asks as he presses their bodies close, swaying slightly to the music. "Luxury without the risk."

"What is life without risk?" he asks, hand tangling through her Y/H/C. "Being in a mafia can be exhilarating at times. Don't tell me you don't the thrill of killing and hurting. Wrong as it is, you find it fun after years of doing it."

"That's because you're a man," she says, her face pressed against his chest. "You're expected to be strong, skilled, a good leader, picking up women left and right."