53. Meetings

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Y/N," Lisa says. She leans against the right side of the doorway and narrowly dodges a throwing knife that lodges itself in the wood. The entire frame has several gashes in the wood, all resulting of Y/N's anger.

"What?!" The leader spits out, taking a deep breath.

Lisa awkwardly shuffles her feet and sighs.

"Dream is downstairs and he wants to see you."

"Tell him I'm busy," Y/N snarls, venom dripping from her voice.

"That's— not really an option," Lisa starts but a sudden force shoves her to the side as Dream barrels through the door.

"Y/N!" He wraps his arms around her from behind in a tight hug. The bottom of his chin rests on top of her head as he hums.

Y/N rests her hands on his, forcing a smile.

"Dream."

She lets out a slow exhale and forced her body to relax against his.

"You okay love? I haven't heard from you in days," Dream mutters in her ear, his warm breath tickling her neck.

She had been ignoring him for the last few days but that was because she was busy with her— work.

"I'm sorry," Y/N says. Her hand reaches up to grab the side of his face, pulling him in for a kiss. Dream smiles and connects their lips, his eyes closing.

With him distracted, Y/N uses her other hand to hastily shove the pad with names behind the desk.

"It's fine," he says with a smile as his hands move to her shoulders. "You seem tense, maybe you should take a break, hang out."

"No," Y/N smiles back at him, gently removing the hands from her shoulders. "I have an important meeting with a potential buyer today, but we can hang out after okay?"

"Alright," Dream leans forward and brushes her hair off her shoulders with a delicate sweep of his fingers. "See you later okay?"

Y/N nods and accepts his kiss on her forehead.

"Love you!" he yells as he runs down the hallway.

Y/N doesn't bother to respond, instead reaching behind the desk to grab her fallen notepad.

"You have to tell him," Lisa mutters. She crosses her arms and watches as Dream jumps down half the staircase.

"No," Y/N growls. "He can't know."

She stands up with such force that her rolling office chair is launched back a few feet.

Her black boots hit the floor as Lisa backs up, watching with wide eyes as Y/N grabs her leather jacket hanging on the wooden wardrobe.

For a few seconds, Y/N just stares at the wardrobe.

Then she opens it.

With one quick movement, she slides her hand across the wood at the back.

The panel on the door slides away to reveal a secret compartment inside.

She carefully reaches inside and pulls out two swords. The blades are made of glinting silver. The black handles are engraved with the mafia's symbol.

Y/N grasps the two heavy blades with both hands.

Flashes of blood cross her mind.

The swords rip through suits and ball gowns as screams fill the air.