epilogue part 2

third person

1 and a half years later

"come in" avery lightly whispers as she hears a knock on the hospital room door. joe pops his head through the door and his face instantly lights up when he sees avery holding her newborn son in her arms, with aidan sleeping on the pull-out bed.

"congrats avery, he is absolutely beautiful," joe says as a smile begins to form on his face.

"do you want to hold him?" avery asks.

"me?" joe questions. "what if i drop him?"

"you won't j" avery laughs. "go wash your hands and you can sit down and hold him" joe walks over to the sink and washes his hands. he carefully sits down and avery places her newborn son in his arms.

"support his head, there you go" avery instructs. "do you want to hear his name?"

"yes" joe whispers.

"his name is jack joseph hutchinson" avery announces and the tears begin to form in joe's eyes.

"did you give him his middle name after me?" joe asks.

"i sure did." avery smiles. "you know, this little boy is going to need some guidance. he's going to need a godfather. aidan and i were talking, we would be honored if you were this little boy's godfather" avery explains.

"really?" avery nods her head yes. "i would love to" joe let's the tears flow.

"hey jack, your uncle joe loves you so much already" joe lightly kisses jack's head. "i'm going to buy you all the name brand stuff. you want cartier glasses, you got it godson" joe says taking in his sleeping godson in his arms.

⟵⟶⟵⟶⟵⟶

2 and a half years later

⟵⟶⟵⟶⟵⟶

"hi dad" avery smiles as she looks down at her two newborn sons.

"hi pumpkin" dan puts the 'it's a boy' balloon down and walks over to the cribs where his two new grandsons are.

"avery, they are absolutely perfect. i am so proud of you sweetheart" dan says.

"i wanted you to be the first to hear their names. that one is named lucas chase hutchinson, and that one is named liam daniel hutchinson" avery tells her dad. "i wanted one of my little boys to have your name somehow because you are the best dad ever"

"don't make me cry" dan laughs trying to draw attention away from the tears forming in his eyes.

"it means so much to me" dan walks over to avery who is on the hospital bed and gives her a hug.

⟵⟶⟵⟶⟵⟶

"what's the big surprise?" ja'marr walks into the hospital room. "i wasn't invited to the hospital last time" ja'marr walks to avery who is now holding both boys in here arms.

"oh my goodness avery. they are so freaking cute" ja'marr smiles.

"i wanted you to hear their names before i announced it to the world" avery smiles. "this is liam daniel hutchinson and this is lucas chase hutchinson"