third person

dan campbell has started a new tradition, in hopes of helping his team bond. today marks a few short weeks until training camp begins. today dan is having the entire team over for a team barbecue. he hopes that this will start the bonds that his team desperately needs. avery is currently helping her dad clean the house and getting everything ready.

"dad, do you want me to call some of the boys? i'm sure they can come over early and help us" avery asks.

"if you want we can avery" dan responds.

"yeah but what do you want dad?" avery continues.

"we can call some of the boys and ask for their help. help is always nice" dan smiles.

"cool, i'll call some of them to come over" avery says grabbing her phone out of her pocket and dialing some of the boys numbers. avery ends up inviting jamaal, jared, aidan, and amon ra over early to get some extra help setting. they all end up arriving at the same time.

"what's up campbell family? did you miss us?" jamaal announces when he enters the house.

"oh we missed you so much jamaal" coach laughs. "thanks for coming, we really need all hands on deck"

⟵⟶⟵⟶⟵⟶

"you look really pretty today" aidan says looking at avery in her yellow sundress.

"thanks" avery blushes.

"i mean you look pretty everyday, but yellow looks good on you" aidan grabs avery's hand and spins her in a circle.

"yo avery, can you help me hang this banner?" amon ra asks and avery makes her way towards him.

"sure" avery stands on a ladder and helps amon ra hang the banner. as she's leaning over she loses her footing but luckily aidan is there to catch her.

"my hero" avery makes eye contact with aidan. "don't mention this to my dad, he will never let me do anything again" avery laughs as she gets out of aidan's hold. avery looks over into the kitchen and she sees jamaal raiding the kitchen.

"jamaal, we are supposed to be saving the food for the barbecue tonight, not stuffing your face right now" avery says walking to the kitchen.

"what? i'm hungry" jamaal simply states as he closes the fridge shrugging.

"what on earth am i going to do with you?" avery shakes her hand while laughing.

"well for one, you are going to feed me in a few hours" jamaal smiles.

"you are so funny jamaal. never change, ok?" avery asks with a smile on her face.

"i wasn't planning on it" jamaal wraps his arm around avery and the two walk outside to help continue setting up.

⟵⟶⟵⟶⟵⟶

the party is in full force now. everyone on the lions team has arrived and the backyard is currently packed with so many football players. luckily the campbell's have a big backyard, big enough to have all the boys around without feeling crowded.

jamaal is currently standing with aidan and rodrigo, two of the newest rookies. jamaal follows where aidan's eyes are and notices he's staring at avery.

"hello? earth to lover boy." jamaal waves a hand in front of aidan's face causing him to come back to reality.

"huh what?" aidan asks confused.

"you were too busy staring at avery. do you like her?" jamaal asks bluntly.

"i don't know" aidan starts fidgeting.