third person

avery puts on her gold necklace and her white converse. she looks at herself in the mirror and smiles. she walks down the stairs and sees her dad sitting in the family room.

"you look pretty av. going anywhere special?" dan asks as he looks at his daughter.

"yeah, i promised kendall i would meet up with her for coffee this morning" avery says.

"have fun, be safe. i love you" dan waves goodbye as avery grabs the keys to her car and walks out the front door.

⟵⟶⟵⟶⟵⟶

"hey" avery says as kendall walks into the coffee shop.

"hey girlie" kendall goes over and hugs avery.

"i ordered your favorite" avery slides kendall her drink.

"did i mention you are the best?" kendall takes a sip of her coffee. "now, that is so good fucking coffee" kendall breaths after taking another sip.

"coffee makes me happy. without it i'm a mean mean person" avery says with a staight face.

"true that" kendall clinks her drink with avery's in agreeance with what her friend just said.

"ok, so you heard all about my life on the car ride from the airport to your house. please fill me in on your life now" kendall claps her hands together excitedly.

"bare with me, i have so much tea to give you. i honestly have no idea where to begin." avery says as she tries to collect her thoughts.

"i have to back track a little to lsu. i ended up being on standby at every lsu football game, which means i became close with some of the guys." avery explains.

"wait, how did you even manage to land to do that? i mean considering there are probably hundreds of people at lsu studying to become an athletic trainer" kendall asks in curiosity.

"honestly i think it's because of my last name. i just asked out of the blue if they needed help and if they wanted a future athletic trainer in the making to help at any of the football games they asked me if i was by any chance related to dan campbell and i told them yeah. then they just let me help around during practices and games" avery swirls her coffee.

"that's so badass. anywho, which boys did you get close too?"

"none other than the cincinnati bengals quaterback joe burrow. and the infamous ja'marr chase" avery exclaims.

"that is so exciting. both of them are so hot" kendall squeals.

"i know, but i love both of them like my brothers"

"anyways i ended up bonding with both of them and now they are some of my great friends. even when they graduated they made sure to keep an eye on me and would still text me. they are the sweetest and i love them" avery smiles

"that is awesome av. i know you don't remember this all the time, but you deserve to be happy. and if you ever get to see them again, please bring me or facetime me." kendall laughs.

"everything at lsu went great. ohhh! i got to meet some of the players yesterday" avery adds.

"i saw your instagram about it yesterday. lucky lady" kendall winks.