epilogue part 1

third person

1 and a 1/2 years later

today the lions have a joint practice with the 2024 super bowl winners the cincinnati bengals. yep you heard that correctly, the cincinnati bengals won the super bowl the year after the lions. avery couldn't have been more happy for joe and ja'marr because she knew that they deserved it more than anyone.

so now, the 2 most recent super bowl winners will be having a joint practice, before their preseason game against each other.

"you're going down ja'marr" avery teases.

"we'll see about that" ja'marr shoots back.

"before we start, i would like everyone's attention" coach campbell yells. "the lions have something they want to do" coach grabs avery's arm and leads her to a chair. she watches as the lions team turns on the music and starts dancing, almost like they are in a dance mob that you see in the mall or on the streets.

avery laughs as she watches an extended 30 seconds of the teams dancing to i want it that way, before they all get to the ground and reveal aidan hutchinson.

"you are my fire. my one desire. believe when i say. i want it that way" aidan sings into a microphone. the rest of the lions get up and continue to dance. once the song stops, avery stands up to hug aidan, but instead aidan gets down on one knee and pulls a ring shaped box out of his pocket. this is when avery realizes he isn't in his football jersey or pads, but instead is in a nice suit.

"avery grace campbell. the first time i met you, i instantly knew that i was going to be stuck with you forever. we have gone on so many adventures together, and this is just the beginning. i knew the second i saw you, that i was in love with you. one of our very first memories is of my first training camp, in which i got in front of the whole team and sang billie jean. when i asked you how i did on my performance, you told me that it would have been better if i sang i want it that way. i thought it was only fitting for me to propose as i sing this song. so avery grace campbell, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" aidan asks. avery shakes her head up and down.

"yes." avery cries as aidan slips the ring onto avery's finger. he looks her in the eyes before kissing her.

"i love you so much hutch" avery cries.

"i love you too aves" aidan smiles as avery kissing him again.

"wait does this mean that since, i'm becoming avery hutchinson, i can't call you hutch anymore?" avery asks as she laughs while she wipes her tears away.

"i will always answer to hutch. you on the other hand don't have to" aidan laughs.

⟵⟶⟵⟶⟵⟶

1 year later

⟵⟶⟵⟶⟵⟶

"you look so beautiful avery. my little girl has grown up so much." dan cries as he sees his daughter for the first time wearing her wedding dress. "i remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. you were so small then and i carried you everywhere i went for as long as i could. you look perfect sweetheart"

"thanks dad. i love you so much. thank you for everything you do and did for me. you were a single dad but you still managed to make me the happiest girl alive. i love you dad" avery begins to tear up.

"don't cry sweetie, you look so pretty and you will ruin your makeup" dan hugs his daughter.

"are you ready to give me away dad?" avery asks tears still in her eyes threatening to fall.