15

third person

these past few weeks have been very rough for the lions. they are currently on a 5 game losing streak. after their win against the commanders, they went on to lose against the minnesota vikings, 28-24. they lost against the seattle seahawks, 48-45. losing to the new england patriots 29-0. losing to the dallas cowboys 24-6, and finally losing to the miami dolphins, 31-27.

the lions training facility has not been a nice place to be these past few weeks. everyone is in a bad mood, which makes the lions desperate for a win this week.

avery is currently laying on her bed along side her friend kendall. the two sit in comfortable silence as both girls scroll through their phones. the silence is broken when kendall shoots up from her spot on the bed while still looking at her phone in her hand.

"what's up ken?" avery asks getting up from her spot and scooting herself closer to kendall.

"there's this video and hash tag trending on twitter, but i don't know if you want to see it" kendall answers nervously.

"i can handle it k" avery takes the phone out of kendall's hands. when she looks at the screen she gasps out loud. there is a video of a man talking, that has 7.5 million views, and the hash tags of #lionssuck and #sameoldlions. avery takes a deep breath and then presses the play button on the video.

"the detroit lions are on a 5 game losing streak, making their current recod 1-6, and they are once again proving why they are the worst in the league. at least the lions got their first win in week 2, it will probably be the only one they get all season. this is a team that likes to repeat history by never changing the narrative and by always being the worst. the lions haven't made a playoff appearance since 2016, let alone win a playoff game. the last time the detroit lions won a playoff game was in 1992. the lions are always going to be the same old lions and change is never going to be made for this team" the video ends and avery's blood is boiling.

avery checks the two hash tags and realizes both of them are trending in the number 1 and 2 spots on twitter.

"ave? you ok?" kendall puts her arm around avery.

"this video is complete bullshit. just because the lions are on a 5 week losing streak doesn't mean that they are the same old lions." avery huffs.

⟵⟶⟵⟶⟵⟶

the next day at practice avery is fired up. she talked to her dad last night about showing the team the viral video and then give them a pep talk to inspire them to go out and win against the green bay packers this weekend at home.

"listen up boys, i have some things to say" avery yells getting everyone's attention in the locker room. "i'm sure you heard and watched the viral video on twitter, but if not here it is" avery hits the play button on the remote causing all the tvs in the locker room to start playing. once the video over avery hits the power button and all the tvs go black.

"as i watched that video yesterday it made me angry. it made me upset. you want to know why? because i think the video is complete and utter bullshit." avery's voice begins to rise. "just because we are on a 5 game losing streak doesn't mean our entire season is over. we can get our groove back and start winning some fucking games. and that all starts this weekend against green bay. if you want this win then fucking prove it this weekend. i want you all to go out there and prove everyone fucking wrong. i want everyone to ever regret that they ever said this."

"we can do this. i for one, believe that everyone in this locker room can go out there and fucking win. we've already won 1 game this season, what's stopping us from winning another? we just need little baby steps, and the first step is balling out this weekend against green bay. the ball is in your court now boys and it's up to you with what you want to do with it. you can decide if you want to choke and prove everyone right about being the same old lions. or you can start winning and giving every game your all. go out there and show everyone what the new and improved lions look like" avery finishes and then steps out of the locker room.

avery sits outside on the steps, catching her breath and thinking. she feels a body sit down next to her and she smiles when she realizes it's aidan.

"not going to lie, that was kind of bad ass back there" aidan laughs.

"really? i was just speaking from my heart. i was pissed off someone was talking about the lions without knowing what it is like to be one" avery answers.

"yeah. after you left everyone started giving their own speeches of how we are going to prove everyone wrong" aidan says.

"i'm so excited for this weekend" avery smiles

⟵⟶⟵⟶⟵⟶

the lions finally got their long awaited win against one of their long time rivals, green bay. and when they won, the entire team went nuts. they all celebrated on the field for a long time before making their way inside the locker room for coach campbell to give game balls. he only gives out 1 to 2 game balls but it is always fun to watch.

"alright, we just have one game ball to give out today. this ball goes out to the person, who is the heart and soul of this team. they brought us out of the dumps this week and showed us who we really are. i'm pretty sure this person is everyone's favorite because she is constantly thinking of others. her large heart doesn't go unnoticed. so i want to give todays game ball to avery campbell" coach throws avery the ball and all the boys lift her up and they start chanting her name.

"this makes me so happy" avery smiles. "you boys mean the world to me and i'm so fucking proud of you for going out there and getting a win"

INSTAGRAM

❤️ by detroitlionsnfl, jaredgoff, aidanhutch97, and 6,099 others

📍 ford field

averycampbell: 5 week losing streak is over. i'm so proud of these boys for getting a win.

💬 265

view all comments

detroitlionsnfl: our boys 🥲
↪️ averycampbell: we watched them grow up in front of our eyes.

aidanhutch97: you lit a fire underneath our butts. everyone loves you avery
↪️ averycampbell: i mean who doesn't love me 🥰

jaredgoff: i can't believe we did it.
↪️ averycampbell: i'm so proud of you jg

itskendallbriggs: damn the one game i missed y'all win
↪️ averycampbell: don't worry k, they will be winning many more :)

joeyb_9: glad to see y'all get a win. ja'marr and i cheered when we heard the news
↪️ averycampbell: you are such a great friend joey ❤️

goodeatz_jman: i played so great 😤
↪️ averycampbell: proud of you jamaal