third person

"wake up sweetheart" dan lightly shakes his daughter awake. avery's eyes open slowly. she rubs her eyes as she looks over at her father confused.

"hm? what's happening? why am i waking up?" avery asks slightly confused.

"because it's currently" dan looks at the watch on his wrist. "12 o clock in the afternoon. and we have our first ota of the season at 1 o clock"

"ok i'm waking up" avery sits up and looks at her phone. dan walks out of the room leaving avery all by herself. avery looks at her instagram and smiles at all the comments she received on her post from yesterday. avery's smile brightens when a text from aidan lights up her screen.

hutch

hutch: morning ☀️ are you going to be at practice today?

avery: i just got woken up by my dad
so yep i'll be there.

hutch: cool! i'll see you then aves.

avery: see you in an hour hutch

⟵⟶⟵⟶⟵⟶ 

avery walks into the training facility with her dad right by her side. avery sees jared practicing his throws.

"good afternoon jg" avery waves causing jared to come over to the girl.

"you look like you just woke up" jared lightly ruffles avery's hair.

"how rude" avery pouts. "for your information, i woke up an hour ago" avery corrects him.

"poor av" jared laughs.

"someone is coming our way" jared points to aidan and avery instantly smiles. when avery turns to look back a jared, he's gone.

"oh you are definitely going to pay for that goff " avery mumbles under her breath as aidan finally makes his way to her.

"morning" aidan smiles.

"morning" avery returns the smile.

"well, since you just woke up like an hour ago. i got you some coffee" aidan hands avery a cup of coffee from starbucks.

"that's so sweet" avery blushes. "thank you so much aidan" avery stands up on her tip toes to give aidan a proper hug.

"i just remembered your instagram caption about not talking until you had your coffee. so i think everyone will benefit from this" hutch laughs.

"alright, listen up everyone" coach campbell says causing everyone to gather in a circle around the coach.

"first of all, welcome to our first ota of the 2022 season. second of all, i want everyone to meet my daughter. she is our new athletic trainer and she will help in any way she can with soreness and injuries. as well as being on constant standby during practices and games. this is my daughter avery" coach points to avery who takes a step forward and waves. "and if any of you are mean to her, i will happily beat your ass and you will be running laps" coach says with a straight face.