19

third person

avery wakes up this morning and a smile is instantly put on her face. today is avery's 22nd birthday. she gets up and makes sure she looks extra cute today. she skips down the stairs with a pep in her step. as she walks down the stairs she smells pancakes.

"happy birthday princess" dan walks up to his daughter and hugs her. "i remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. i'll never forget that day because it was one of the best days of my life. it's the day i became a father, but it's also the day that my best friend was born" dan begins to tear up.

"i love you so much" dan says taking in his daughter's appearance.

"i love you too dad" avery smiles.

"i made pancakes with sprinkles because it's tradition" dan wipes his tears away.

"thanks dad, this is always my favorite part of my birthday" avery admits.

⟵⟶⟵⟶⟵⟶

avery's phone has been blowing up with tons of sweet messages wishing her a happy birthday. but her favorite messages she has gotten so far were videos of joe and ja'marr just talking to the camera.

"happy birthday avery. i hope your day is as beautiful as you are. i am forever thankful that we both ended up at lsu at the same time because i can't imagine what my life would be without you. i wish nothing more that i could be with you celebrating because we would literally spend the whole day together doing dumb shit and then we would end the day with an endless amount of cuddles. i love you so much and i miss you even more. happy birthday" ja'marr says into the camera.

"happy birthday a. i literally love you so much, i don't think you will ever understand how much. you were such a blessing to me in college and i am just to thankful to have you as one of my best friends. i hope you never forget that i will always be here for you, no matter what. unless it's during a game because then you are going to have to wait" joe laughs. "in all actuality you are one of the sweetest people i have ever met and you deserve everything good in life. i hope this next trip around the sun is a great one. i love you so much ave and i miss you too. have such a great day" joe smiles as the video ends.

avery shoots them a thank you text and saves the videos, never wanting to forget them.

⟵⟶⟵⟶⟵⟶

before avery can even step out of the car to get to practice aidan is opening the door for her. he picks up the girl like she is as light as a football. he puts her over his shoulder and runs to the in door football field. once he gets there, he places her down and tickles her. avery begins to hysterically laugh, which is like medicine to aidan's ears.

"happy birthday beautiful" aidan moves a piece out of hair out of her face.

"thanks hutch" avery blushes.

"let me take you somewhere" aidan holds out his hand and avery takes it.

"take me where?" avery asks.

"do you trust me?" aidan looks into avery's eyes.

"of course i do" avery smiles.

"then follow me" aidan leads the two into a room, where all the players suprise avery, including kendall. everyone surrounds the girl in hugs and she really feels the love.

"thank y'all so much. it means a lot to me. i don't even have the words right now so all i can say is thank you" avery cries.

INSTAGRAM