22

third person

it's a few days before christmas. the lions have an away game against the carolina panthers on christmas eve. the lions won last week against the new york jets, 20-17, which now makes the lions 8-6. the lions are currently in the hunt for playoffs, so it is very important that they win their last few games of the season.

avery feels like there is a weight lifted off her shoulder now that she told aidan everything about her toxic ex-boyfriend. she also feels a little better knowing that he ended up getting locked away again.

jason ended up getting out of prison right when he started texting avery. he then made it his mission to find where she was. luckily avery showed jared and jamaal a picture of what jason looked like.

so jared ended up noticing jason immediately when he tried to make it into the locker room to find avery. jared ended up calling the police and they arrested him for breaking the restraining order. it finally feels like everything is looking out for avery campbell.

avery is currently in the kitchen making christmas cookies while jamming out to a christmas playlist when her dad sits down at the island eating some of the raw cookie dough.

"hey dad?" avery asks.

"yes sweet pea?" dan responds.

"what should i do if i really like this guy and after a long time of not wanting a relationship, i finally feel ready for one?" avery says putting the cookie dough on the tray to put into the oven.

"well, the main question i have for you is, does he make you happy?" dan asks. avery thinks back to all the moments she has shared with aidan and she smiles.

"yeah, he makes me really happy" avery answers genuinely.

"then you should go for it" dan smiles. "you know why?"

"why?"

"because you deserve to be the happiest girl alive" dan says truthfully just as brady starts to bark.

"see? even brady agrees with me" dan laughs as he picks up the puppy to bring him outside.

⟵⟶⟵⟶⟵⟶

"it feels so weird" aidan mummers to himself on the sidelines.

"what feels weird?" avery questions.

"oh, it's just that usually on christmas eve, i'm home with my family and we are all getting ready for christmas" aidan explains.

"you'll be home with your family soon hutch" avery tells him.

"thanks aves" aidan smiles.

"hey, i was thinking" avery says changing the topic. "after the flight home tonight, do you want to hang?" avery asks trying to sound normal, but ultimately failing.

"yeah, i would love that" aidan says.

"cool" avery smiles.

⟵⟶⟵⟶⟵⟶

the lions ended up losing, 23-37. the defense struggled today and the lions quickly blew a 7-7 tie after the first quarter ended, when the panthers ended up scoring 17 points alone in 2nd quarter, causing it hard for the lions to catch up.

the plane just landed, avery and aidan get their bags and make their way to avery's car.

"where are we going?" aidan asks.

"it's a surprise" avery's eyes light up as she puts the car in drive and starts to drive to their destination.

⟵⟶⟵⟶⟵⟶