21

Cash's POV

When I woke up Royal was no where to be found so I dragged myself out of bed and downstairs to where I heard... chaos. When I entered the room Royal was shouting in Spanish at his little sister who just looked at him confused. My guess is that he didn't want to say something on accident in English and hurt his sister. Natalie and Mrs. Hawkson we're talking about who knows what with a toddler in one of their arms and a baby in the other. The last two Hawkson siblings were just running in circles, screaming, and laughing around the kitchen every once in a while gaining Royal's line of sight to make sure they were ok. The rest of my own family was sitting at the table and watching everything.

Royal finally shouted, in English, to who knows, "STOP!" and for some reason everything stopped... except for the toddler and baby started cry, "Mom, Natalie please take Sapphire and Chicago to take a nap I can't listen to anymore crying. Emily and Paris if you don't stop screaming and running I swear I'll make you regret it go play an actual game or something. And Haley I'm not mad at you I just want to know why the fu... why you would kiss Lily in a place dad might see. That is literally the most idiotic thing you've ever done."

Emily and Paris ended up running to the living room and the two youngest were taken for a nap. Haley, however, looked like she was about to cry, "I thought if anyone would understand it would be you. I guess I was wrong," with that she ran off.

"Haley!"

"Leave me ALONE!"

Royal just sighed as I sat on the bar stool next to him, "I apologize Mr. and Mrs. Hugh. My family is as chaotic as it gets," while he was saying this I looked, really looked, at his face. He looked perfect obviously covered in layers of makeup again now that it wasn't just the two of us.

"It's ok, honey, I don't know what happened yesterday night, but I do know that my family and I will help you in anyway possible."

I walked over to take him in my arms, but he pushed me away. My mom looked between the two of us, "we'll leave you two alone."

"My family doesn't know about us," he started to explain, "and I don't know what I would tell them if they caught us."

"Tell them that we're together and you don't care if they support you or not."

"That's the thing. I do care. I hate my dad and I have an iffy relationship with my mom, but my siblings are my entire world. I would do anything and everything to make them happy.... To make them feel the love I never had."

"I love you... umm... I mean... my entire family loves you," he was about to say something, but I cut him off, "you are amazing with kids. My siblings and cousins look at you like you are superman. My parents, uncle, and aunt all see you as another kid. One that they would protect no matter the cost. Which is a huge difference from when they all only saw you as a last name. And I... Royal, you are my entire world. If your family cares for you as much as you care for them I'm sure they'd understand."

He pulled my head down and kissed me hard, "just so you know," kiss, "I love you too," I picked him off the stool and placed him on the counter before standing between his legs.

A fake cough sounded and I basically jumped into the next room while he stayed frozen in place. Mrs. Hawkson, Natalie, and Haley were all just looking from him to me over and over.

"Royal," his mom started before getting interrupted by Natalie.

"What the fuck? This has got to be a joke."

Haley quickly followed, "you're a fucking hypocrite!"

"Girls stop! Everyone to the living room. We'll sort out whatever this is there."

The three women walked out and Royal gave me a sad, scared look before following. As we walked in the living room and all sat down my mom was about to say something before I gave her a no motion.

"Royal," Haley started, "what was that? You were just yelling at me for kissing a girl and I was coming to apologize when I saw you kissing a guy. A Hugh."

"One, I was yelling at you for kissing a girl in our house. Where dad could easily see. Not kissing a girl. Two, you should never apologize to anyone for kissing who you want. Guy, girl, neither, both I don't give a fuck," she still looked sad and confused, but she didn't push anything.

"Okay, okay my turn," Natalie started, "you are an asshole for one," Royal just looked at her confused and let her continue, "and for two. WHEN THE FUCK DID YOU START DATING EACH OTHER!?"

"I don't actually know.... We kinda just went from hating each other to liking each other enough to start dating each other. There really was no in between period. Well other than those five minutes between becoming friends and... yeah."

"What about all those times you yelled at me for hanging with a Hugh? Cash and I are supposed to be friends. I wouldn't stand between you or hate you or anything else like that."

"Yeah... sorry about that and deep down I knew, but I've always kept my sexuality and boyfriends a secret and with Cash being someone I was supposed to hate I just didn't really trust anyone, but me."

"Cash," his mom finally spoke again, "do you love my son?" She stared at me.

"Without a doubt. He's my world."

She nodded at me, "Do you love him, baby?"

"Yes, I need him in my life."

She broke out in a big smile, "then who am I to stand in the way of this. For years upon years upon years our families have hated each other. I'm so happy that you two could get past that. And I am going to be the greatest mother-in-law ever!"

Royal's face turned red and he started laughing before we all heard a hard knock at the door.

"Oh no."