5

Royal's POV

"Oh FUCK NO!" I realize that my cursing wouldn't change anything, but I still had to try, "I am not working with him," ooh even I could taste the venom of my own words.

"Mr. Hawkson silence yourself while I continue on listing partners. Me, you, and Mr. Hugh will talk afterwards I can guarantee that."

Cash raised his hands in a way that says 'what did I do' before sighing and waiting for the last few partners to be named. He was used to my shit at this point and also use to taking blame when often times it wasn't actually his fault. Oops.

"This project will last for the rest of the semester and it is 50% of your overall grade," great so now I actually had to try, "I will set aside one day a week in class for you to work on it, however, other than that this is a project between you and your partner," we are going to kill each other, "during this project you and your partner will get to know everything about each other and then make different connections in any place around or out of town you go together. Finally, at the end of the semester you will make a presentation consisting of different factors that you have learned and made, which I will not tell you yet so you don't look for only the specific things or places, and present it all in front of your classmates. Any questions?"

Why did you partner me with him.

"Yes, Ms. White."

"Why is this project so big?"

"When you get older you will need to be able to get the right information out of people and make different connections easily. Sometimes with people you don't know or like," that felt targeted, "This project helps you learn how to do that. Any other questions?"

"Do you not like me?"

"What, Mr. Hugh?"

"Well Royal is going to kill me. I might kill him, but out of the two of us I think he'll be more inclined to do it sooner."

"There will be no murder on this project. That reminds me, however, Mr. Hugh and Mr. Hawkson let's go have a chat outside. If anyone else had any more questions I can answer them when I get back. As of now you can use the rest of this class period to make a plan for you project with your partners."

Then she walked out of class and we followed, "Mr. Hugh and Mr. Hawkson I understand that you two have your differences, however, you will try your hardest on this project and in this building you will act civilized. Meaning no more fighting on school grounds if you want to fight wait. My husband has already agreed if either of us catch you fighting again you both will be suspended from the football team. That is all. Do you wish to add anything?"

Before I was able to speak Hugh put his hand on my mouth, smiled, and shook his head. Honestly I don't blame him cursing her out or protesting would not be the best thing to do in this situation.

"Good."

We watched her walk back into class before I took his hand off my mouth, "don't you ever fucking do that again," he looked at me and walked back into class.

When we sat down together we just stared at each other for a long time, "what's the plan?"

"Why are you asking me?"

"You may pretend like you don't care about anyone or anything, but Royal you literally have straight A's. So, what is the plan?"

"I don't fucking know. I wing things and get lucky."

He looked at me, sighed heavily, and put is forehead on the desk in front of him.

"Sit up," I flicked his head which obviously annoyed him.