102 • Hopeless Romantic

Start from the beginning

Scarlet squealed too as she recognised Jade. She waved her little arms and Snape sighed realising he had to use both hands to hold the toddler. «Calm yourself», he muttered.

You laughed and put the strands of jet black hair behind the little girl's ear, «you get to see her later, okay?»

-

Jade and Theodore had said their I do's and you'd gone through the amazing feast, followed by delicious dessert where you'd probably had too much. The current pregnancy had definitely given you a sweet tooth.

«I'm just going to go congratulate them», you said to Snape, who nodded and stayed behind by the table with Scarlet. She'd been given crayons, but struggled to keep her creative outburst limited to the sheet of paper in front of her. Some of the lines of colours had thus drifted off onto the white table cloth. Snape didn't bother correcting the child, as he didn't want her peaceful moment to be disrupted. He was choosing his battles wisely as to not attract more attention.

Walking over to Jade and Theodore's table, you kept blinking away tears. The sight of their genuine happiness was all you ever wanted for her, and for a moment you felt bad about the time were you felt as if he was stealing her away from you.

«Congratulations», you smiled softly as you stopped in front of her, wiping away a tear. Her face lit up as she quickly stood up and walked around the table to embrace you.

«Oh my god Y/N», she squealed, «I'm so glad you made it». Jade held her hands on your shoulders and her eyes fell to your stomach, «I heard you-»

«Yes», you smiled and pressed down the fabric of your dress below your tummy, showing off your little bump. Jade's hand brushed over it as she smiled.

«You're so insane, Y/N», she laughed and peeped over your shoulder, catching a glimpse of Snape who was picking up crayon after crayon as Scarlet let them roll off the table. «When we discussed our weddings when we were younger — I never expected him to be on my guestlist», Jade let out another giggle.

Rolling your eyes playfully you gave her a smile, «as if I expected I'd marry the man at some point?»

You both laughed and hugged another time, «I'm so happy for you Jade».

«And I you, Scarlet is a dream», she beamed, «when will you know the gender of this one?»

«I don't want to know, I'd rather it be a surprise».

Jade nodded in understanding, «any names, then?»

Blood flooded to your cheeks as you looked down at your joined hands, «yes», you locked eyes with her again, «I don't know if he'll agree though, but I'd like to call the baby Severin if it's a boy. After him, you know».

«That's thoughtful of you», she grinned, «and if it's another girl?»

«Not quite sure», you chewed on your bottom lip, «but I'm leaning towards Sunday or... perhaps Eleanor».

«Lovely», Jade hugged you another time and closed her eyes, «I'm so glad you're here. It's all so perfect».

You chatted for a bit longer, until Snape approached the two of you, carrying the toddler. «I don't think this one is able to wait any longer, Miss Nott», he spoke slowly and handed her the child.

«Oh my gosh, hello Scarlet», she squealed happily. The little girl matched her squeal and threw her arms around her neck, «aren't you just adorable?», Jade laughed.

Snape snuck an arm around your waist, his touch sending shivers through your body. «Congratulations», he added.

Jade looked up at the man who'd been her professor all throughout her school years at Hogwarts, «thank you p-professor», she smiled.