Chapter 17: Suspicions

Zacznij od początku

"Oh no, definitely not." Raven assured her. "I wasn't going to let Fleur kiss me anyways."

Daphne's face lit up. "Really?" She asked.

"Really." Raven replied. "Not very comfortable getting kisses from random people." Daphne smiled, and then looked to his lips. She wanted to kiss them so badly, and wondered if he'd let her one day.

"How did Rita Skeeter find out though?" Daphne questioned, as they began unpacking their ingredients for a Wit-Sharpening Potion. "She wasn't there, was she?"

"Couldn't have been." Raven said, cutting two pieces of ginger root and adding it to his cauldron. "Dumbledore banned her from Hogwarts."

"Someone from the inside, possibly?" Daphne pondered, adding her ginger to her cauldron.

"Wouldn't surprise me." Raven said, adding his armadillo bile after the potion turned green. 

"We've got two former Death Eaters in this school."

"Fascinating though your social life undoubtedly is, Miss Granger." Snape said, standing behind Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Everyone looked in their direction. "I must ask you not to discuss it in my class. Ten points from Gryffindor."

"Ah...reading magazines under the table as well?" Snape added, snatching up the copy of Witch Weekly. "A further ten points from Gryffindor...oh but of course..." Snape's eyes fell on the article. "Potter has to keep up with his press cuttings..."

Every Slytherin laughed, except Daphne, and a smile curled on Snape's thin mouth. "Harry Potter's Secret Heartache'...dear, dear, Potter, what's ailing you now? 'A boy like no other, perhaps...'"

Snape paused to allow the Slytherins to continue their laughter, before continuing. "'...Harry Potter's well-wishers must hope that, next time, he bestows his heart upon a worthier candidate.' how very touching." Snape sneered, rolling up the magazine. "Well I think I had better separate the three of you, so you can keep your minds on your potions rather than on your tangled love lives. Weasley, you stay here. Miss Granger, over there, beside Miss Parkinson. Potter-that table in front of my desk. Move. Now."

Harry and Hermione moved as they were told. Raven and Daphne were relieved that Snape didn't read any further to find the article about them, because they didn't want to have to separate.

Snape went on and talked to Harry so no one else could hear them. Raven and Daphne went back to their potions and Raven was nearly finished with his.

"So I give you fair warning, Potter." Snape said, louder now that everyone could hear. "Pint-sized celebrity or not-if I catch you breaking into my office one more time-"

"I haven't been anywhere near your office!" Harry said angrily.

"Don't lie to me." Snape hissed. "Boomslang skin. Gillyweed. Both come from my private stores, and I know who stole them." Raven remembered Hermione steeling Boomslang skin in their second year, but they haven't touched his stores since then.

Who else is making a Polyjuice Potion? Raven thought, remixing the ginger roots.

"I don't know what your talking about." Harry said coldly.

"You were out of bed on the night my office was broken into!" Snape hissed. "I know it, Potter! Now, Mad-Eye Moody might have joined your fan club, but I will not tolerate your behavior! One more nighttime stroll into my office, Potter, and you will pay!"

"Right." Harry said coolly. "I'll bear that in mind if I ever get the urge to go in there."

Snape's eyes flashed and he pulled something form his robes. "Do you know what this is, Potter?" He held up a small crystal bottle of a completely clear potion.