Chapter 14 [Revenge is Not Enough]

Start from the beginning

“Someone’s high.” Rose joked. I smirked at her before we pulled each other in for a tight hug.

“I missed ya Rose.” I mumbled.

“Aww! I missed you too! Now let’s go cause some damage!” Rose announced mischievously as she pulled up the hand brake and stepped on the gas.

“Yeah!” the rest of us shouted back over the music.

The car dashed forward, the wind blowing on my long hair. She turned on the radio, Ke$ha blasted on the stereos and got us all singing and dancing along to the beat. This is awesome, we’re already having fun. Imagine what else we would do as this day goes on?

“Glad to have you back, Gwen!” Lea shouted to hear over the loud music.

I’m not really close to Lea, she’s just one of those cheer leaders with the same stereotypical-ness as everyone in Rose’s group. I feel like I’m the only non-blonde and blue eyed girl here. My reddish brown hair stands out.

“Glad to be back! Thanks!” I yelled back.

“What happened to you?” Olivia, another blondie asked. All of them shot so many worried questions that I somehow managed to make up answers for.

Rose is driving fast, really fast. I think we’re going 150mph, well who could blame her? My place is so far from society and the roads are always deserted. But I loved going fast, the adrenaline pumping, my hair whipping behind me and the wind hitting my face. The warmth of the sun is so comfortable. I put on my red sun glasses. I feel so happy, so alive. I’m not usually this sentimental, I’m starting to appreciate things better, especially the little things.

Then the car parked at some strange carnival, I could see the twisted roller coaster, the go-cart tracks, bumper car stadium and a lot of booths. I could also see a bar near it.

“We usually go here just to mess with people.” Rose mocked evilly while the other girls giggled.

We left the car and paid for the entrance fee into the carnival. This place looks kinda old with the old rusty rails, old crumbling cemented buildings and old employees. I looked up the enormous roller coaster, it has wicked twists and turns! And the screams of the people already riding it were deafening. The whole roller coaster is having its own earth quake, the rails are so worn out it looked like it’s about to collapse in any second. But hell that only adds to the fun!

“Girls! Let’s try this first!” I announced energetically, pointing at the sign of the roller coaster Death Shuttle. They all nodded approvingly, we ran to the waiting line. Well there isn’t much of a waiting line since we’re the only ones waiting and some fat nerd in front of us. I know her, she’s that loner in our school who always eat by herself at lunch breaks. I don’t know her name since I don’t really socialize much. I’m mostly quiet and the type who doesn’t give a damn in school. I speak only when I’m spoken to. And I’m not the type who likes bullying to make myself feel good, my type of bullying is the one when I taunt my prey while I’m hunting them at a full moon.

“Hey there Janina, what a surprise to see you here.” Dea scoffed at her.

“It’s not a surprise to see you alone in an amusement park.” Lea added.

Her eyes just narrowed and ignored them. The rest of them laughed wickedly. It was finally our turn to ride as the shuttle slowly came into a stop in front of us. I quickly went to the back seat with Rose, I know all the physics in this. I get more fun and thrill at the farthest seat at the back. The employee checked if we’re all secure. Janina sat at the very front seat. She looked nervous and uneasy. Maybe this was her first time to ride this. Dea and Lea were at the back of Janina making her as miserable as possible.