꧁•⊹٭𝙷𝚘𝚠𝚕٭⊹•꧂

The festival was taking place not far from the Hat shop, and therefore Hongjoong could just about to see and hear everything from the main street of his small town. The celebrations were loud and cheerful, with colours flying in the sky along with the kites which many of the children were flying. The music was loud along with the cheers and happiness of many of the citizens Hongjoong had grown up with.

Hongjoong turned from the celebrations, his only interest was the moving castle making it's way to his small town. He held his coat closely to his chest as the wind was trying to rip it open and nip his skin. The back alleys of the town were dimly lit, even during the day, but Hongjoong was determined to see the castle moving closer.

He didn't expect to pass by running kids, trying to get to the festival as quick as possible. He wanted to tell them to be careful but they were long gone so he turned in the direction he was going, only to bump into a tough chest.

To hide his identity, it meant to hide his real self. As Hinata, he was adorned all over the country for his hat making skills and how well he fixed soldiers uniforms. As Hongjoong, he was a shameful man who didn't have the body or mind to fight in the upcoming war, and therefore often looked down upon. As far as anyone knew, he had no honourable role in today's society.

"Oh look, as if we'd get so lucky as to bump into a shameful piece of trash." A rough voice sounded, and Hongjoong knew he had landed in some sort of trouble.

The soldier was clad in uniform, and he was meant to be marching with the rest of the soldiers in town, it was unlucky that two of them had strayed from the street and caught Hongjoong alone. Their royal blue uniform was bright, and clean. The gold badges glinted brightly as a streak of sun hit off them at an angle, and their black boots were shiny. The one who talked down to Hongjoong had a moustache of an ugly brown colour, and underneath was a nasty snarl.

The second solider was younger, and surprisingly pretty. Hongjoong had grown tired of pretty people. He didn't exactly find himself pretty, he was unfortunate to not get his mother's looks but his father's instead. He had always been pretty disappointed in pretty people, they never know how to wear their elegance correctly. Their attitude was a obvious sign.

"To think we could get this lucky to see the man who has no pride in his town." The pretty one laughed.

"Where's your friend too?" the other one asked.

He was asking about Wooyoung who was let off being a solider because he was a creator too. Wooyoung was extremely talented in the gun making field and had a trivial part in the town production of weapons for the upcoming war, but even then, he wasn't always let off by the men who were equipped to become sudden soldiers.

Hongjoong didn't reply, and focused on how his feet felt like they were slipping into the cracks on the floor. A rough hand pulled on his coat, and he felt he had no choice but to shout out for help. It earned a slap on his cheek, the pain rushing down his body pulling his movement to a halt. Never in his life had he been slapped before, but the pain made his eyes water and his mouth lose all feeling. The solider had let go of his coat, and Hongjoong was ready to make a run for it.

"Woah, now soldiers." Sounded a sweet voice behind Hongjoong, "I've been looking for you everywhere, my dear."

The sweet, angelic voice rung out, followed by a nervous giggle. Hongjoong didn't turn to look at who his saviour was, well in fact, his saviour had his arm around his shoulders and Hongjoong could only look up at him.

He was tall, and slender. His hair was a striking blonde which was not very common around Hongjoong's town. The stranger had sleek cheekbones, and a sharp pointed nose which complimented the strangers large and kind eyes. Even from under him, Hongjoong could see the shine in his eyes. The stranger also had cherry red, and plump lips almost as if the stranger liked wearing makeup. Hongjoong found it hard that someone was this beautiful, and kind too.

The soldiers seemed to stop at the sight of him as well. It was unlikely they were intimidated by the saviours grace so why would they stop?

Hongjoong failed to notice the stranger's hands moving in weird ways.

The soldiers were moving past them, their eyes moving frantically like they lack control over their bodies but Hongjoong didn't care. He just wanted them gone, he wanted them far away if he was to avoid pain like that again. The stranger bent down slightly, till he was whispering against the smaller boys ear.

"I finally found you." He said, a smile gracing his lips.

Hongjoong shuddered under the strangers arm, his voice was soft and gentle, meant to save peoples lives. He was almost honoured just to hear it so close to his ears. He wanted to turn and get a good luck at the stranger. His short blonde hair was bright, and Hongjoong wanted to know if it was real. If anything about this man was real.

However, the mysterious man scoped up Hongjoong arm and linked their arms cutely before Hongjoong could say anything. He was being pulled gently down the street, yet he walked, because he didn't mind wherever this man was taking him. To the edge of the world, Hongjoong felt like he would go as long as this man was beside him.

"Now, don't be scared, but there's someone following me." He announced quietly and he looked down with a smile.

Someone was following him? Hongjoong wanted to look back, but when the stranger's hands found his own, Hongjoong grew nervous and stared at the strangers hands entwined with his own.

Then when his feet were no longer hitting the stone of the pathway, he looked down and almost screamed. The strangers laughter caught his attention, and he snapped his attention to the ethereal being holding his hands. Both of them were flying!

"Stretch out your legs, act as if your walking!" The stranger shouted to be heard over the wind. Hongjoong nodded frantically, trying to figure out what was happening to him.

He looked down over the town. People below him, the people he knew were dancing on the street and he had a bird's eye view of it all. He did as told, and lowered his legs, and began walking on air. On nothing, and yet he was moving as if there was something underneath him. The colours underneath his feet were moving erratically along with people's dance moves, and he even saw Wooyoung clapping with his younger brother who was flying a kite.

Hongjoong couldn't help but let out a soft whispered 'wow', and the stranger found himself entranced by the smaller man he had saved.

They moved smoothly through the air, surprisingly not catching the eye of the masses below. Hongjoong was pulled through the air like an elegant dance move and his feet touched down on the balcony of the hat shops building.

He was finally facing the stranger who touched down right on the balcony's railing. He was taller now, and Hongjoong could only see the silhouette as the sun created a golden everglow around his saviour. He squinted in hopes he would see better but the saviour's cold hand brushed against his cheek and his eyes shut out of nerves.

The cold thumb of the stranger soothed the warmth from the earlier slap. Hongjoong smiled at the stranger's almost magic like hands, and went to thank him.

"Thank y-"

"Be a good boy, and stay here till I get back."

Hongjoong could only nod at the man's request. He watched as the man's smile spread on his face, and he was not surprised to find the straightest set of white teeth ever. It was almost unnerving how pretty he was.

"That's my boy."