Chapter 8

"You try to be smart, but you are an idiot." Abhiraaj is scolding her while dragging her out, but for the first time, she didn't utter a single word. "Stupid girl."

She followed him quietly while he kept blabbering. "Why did you come here with him? You should have asked Bua or Uncle, but no Ruhanika madam's honour will hurt if she asks for someone's permission."

By the time they reach his car, he opens the door for her and makes her sit. She sits quietly. He settled into his seat and started driving. He is holding the steering wheel tightly, and his knuckles have turned white.

"Why did you come here? Haven't you even asked him where the hell he is taking you?" He asked, but she was sitting quietly. "I am asking something."

"Nhi," she replied, gulping the lump forming in her throat. She is holding herself back very hardly to not cry in front of him.

"Waah!! If I even ask you something, you throw tonnes of questions in my face, but you didn't even ask him where the hell he was taking you." He keeps scolding her, and she is sitting quietly with her head down. "Ruhanika, trusting someone is a different thing, but having blind trust in someone is always dangerous to yourself. It doesn't matter if that person is your childhood best friend. Are you listing to me?"

She didn't say a single word.

"God, who even am I asking?" He scoffed.

By the time they reached Raichand's mansion, the car stopped, and she ran out of the car instantly. He sighed, rubbing his face with his palm vigorously, then drove away.

She runs to her room, crying. Niharika is calling her from behind, but she didn't listen, locked herself in her room, and broke down. She felt broken. Her best friend, the love of her life, betrayed her. He hurt her pride.

''Ruhii!! Ruhiii!!!! Open this door, baby, please." Niharika is knocking on the door.

"Aarav didn't do it right." Shekhar gritted.

"Bhai, please stop all this and open this door." Niharika said.

"Ruhii, baby, open this door for Papa. Please." Shekhar pleaded, and she opened it, but her flowing tears killed Shekhar a thousand times. He instantly embraced her in his arms.

"I didn't do anything wrong, papa. Why should I say sorry?" She asked, sobbing. "Why did Aarav do this and that girl? Why did she do that? I was helping her."

"Ruhii bache, she got scared, and Aarav's offer seems genuine to her." Niharika said, caressing her back.

"If Abhiraaj didn't come, then what?" She asked her father.

•~•~•~•

"Aarav!!" Tejasvini gasped, seeing a handprint on his left cheek when he came home. "What happened?" She asked, palming his cheeks.

"Abhiraaj ne toh sirf thapad mara hai. Mera toh dil ker rha tha iski khaal udhedwa du. (Abhiraaj only slapped him. But I wanted to skin him alive.)" Vikramjeet hissed in anger.

"Dad.......''

"SHUT UP!!!" Yogeshwar cut him. This is the first time he has ever yelled at him. "Who Told You To Bring Her There?" Yogeshwar asked, holding him by his nape, and Aarav was looking down at his feet. "I am asking something. ANSWER ME."

"Sorry, bade, papa. Woh elections. I don't want to screw everything up again. I just wanted to help."

"HELP?" Vikramjeet cut him, joining his hands in front of him. "You help a lot. Now it is enough."

"Like this? By compromising her self-respect? She is the daughter of this family. We never discriminate against her from you and Abhiraaj. You know very well that we always keep our family's women away from all this, and you take her to apologise to that disgraceful person. SHAME ON YOU." Yogeshwar spat on him.