Sixty - Two

Something is not right.

Jeongguk feels it.

He feels it in his gut that something isn't right.

He knows it.

And it doesn't leave him alone.

"Perhaps it's your anxiety."

Jeongguk snaps his eyes to Taehyung, who's sipping wine slowly while he reads on the couch, calmly.

That could be true, since Jeongguk's anxiety is fucked up as it is fueled by paranoia. He has always been a paranoid person, but his paranoia never failed him. Not once.

And now it won't stop itching him.

Something is wrong.

He knows it.

"What if I just call Yeosang and Hwanwoong- " 

"And risk another lecturing from him on how he can be independent?" Taehyung perks an eyebrow, but waves an elegant hand, "By owe means."

Not helping.

Jeongguk grinds his teeth, trying to control this feeling by taking deep breaths or whatever the fuck mellows down anxiety, but that made him even more anxious. 

No, he can't stay here.

"Fuck this, I'm going to visit them," Jeongguk grabs his blazer, sliding it over his shoulders, "Don't even try to stop me."

This has Taehyung chuckling, closing his book, "Me stop you?" Taehyung drawls, standing up with his delicate fingers on his glass, "Let's see what our boys are up to, hm?"

No matter if it's to go to the ends of this Earth, or walk through fire, Taehyung would never let Jeongguk do it alone. If he's wanted, he'll be there.

Always.

A faint twitch of a smile extends the end of his lips, just as Taehyung came up to face him while adjusting his long silk robe and goes for the door knob, "Well, let's not keep our boys waiting."

Jeongguk pecks his lips and Taehyung opens the door, just as one of their men was about ready to knock - Suho. He's the head of the goons, making sure security in this empire is at its best. 

He never bothers the bosses unless it's urgent.

Great.

"We have someone who broke in through the gates sir," He immediately states, looking between Jeongguk and Taehyung, "He should be walking through the entrance soon."

Jeongguk perks a slow eyebrow, "Okay, and? Why is this our issue? You're the head goon."

"It's um... The Jimin guy, who your son has been seen with," Taehyung's smile drops, "And he has a gun."

Taehyung drops his wine glass.

Jimin.... With a gun.

Fuck did he go psycho again?

Both Taehyung and Jeongguk rushed out the room and practically flew down the stairs, noticing a half circle of men holding up guns and pointing to the entrance of their doors - waiting for orders. Jeongguk and Taehyung quickly make their way down to the lounge, but before Jeongguk could get closer - Taehyung yanks him back and takes out his gun, aiming for the door.

Jeongguk looks at his husband, "He's Yeosang's boy -"

"I don't care," Taehyung mutters grimly, "He has a weapon and found our location. If he tries anything, I'll take him out."

"And then Yeosang will never forgive you."

Taehyung face didn't twitch a nerve, just as the doors to the building opens. 

Stumbling feet is the first thing that steps into the marble floor, with blood dripping and dirt that followed by heavy pants. No one said a word, mixed with shock and unease as the man covered by dust and blood wobbles into the empire walls. The second he noticed all the guns pointed right at him, he raised his gun up defensively with raging eyes and a hand to his back.

Almost protectively.

And he's carrying something on his back.

Something -

Jeongguk raises his hand up, sternly, "Don't shoot, guns down!"

Immediately one by one they all put their guns down, and Jeongguk escapes Taehyung's grasp to move ahead, keeping his distance but standing before Jimin with a hand out, to keep cautious of the gun in hand. 

"Jimin, right," The boy looks at him, the gun still tight in his hand as he looks at Jeongguk, "Jimin, what happened?"

Jimin's eyes widen, as though he was suddenly struck with a realization because his eyes suddenly grew teary. The grasp on his gun shakens, "H-Help them."

Jeongguk carefully approaches closer to him, attentive to the gun, "Let go of the gun-"

"H-He's not breathing but I k-know you can help him!"

Jeongguk's gaze then shifted to what was on Jimin's back.

More so, who.

His heart nearly stopped when he sees Taemin's face against Jimin's neck, tied by a rope to his body for dear life with a blanket over him. 

And.... Nothing about him seemed alive.

Pale lips, just like his complexion.

No movement of breathing.

Dead.

Taemin is dead.

"H-Help me!" Jimin suddenly wails, shackling the gun, "Help me get them back!"

Jeongguk couldn't form any words as he stares at Taemin, feeling a brutal knot on his throat before he looks at Jimin - the pure desperation in his eyes.

Them back.

They're still alive.

Except for Taemin.

Orchids.

They came after them.

And took them.

All of them.

And if they don't hurry up, no doubt they all would be killed too.

Jeongguk's hand shifted to a fist, frowning angrily as the reality slowly sinks in, "You have my word."

Jimin finally lets the tears spill, lips wobbling with a weak cry as he drops the gun, just like he did when he fell to his knees, letting himself sob uncontrollably.

Just like how Taehyung did, lips parted, shocked with silent tears down his face.

_____________________

A/N:

Get ready for these updates and plot twists!

I PURPLE YOU!! <33