21. Dinner (pt. 2)

To not stare at her was a challenge.

Up until the point his eyes had set on her, Freddie was convinced that the chemistry that was once between them–that neither truly acted upon–was long gone, but he was wrong.

He was so wrong.

Everything about her excited him. She wasn't like the rest of the women he was used to–women that threw themselves at his feet, ready to do anything and everything he wanted. No, she challenged him. She was stubborn and exciting–just like he remembered.

There was just something about her that he couldn't resist.

Since they were the only ones in the restaurant, Marie was quick to return with their food. It looked just as delicious as he expected. He took a moment to observe her as she took the first sip of her soup; approval instantly visible on her face.

"So... I'd like to hear all you've been up to these past few years..." Freddie said. He was itching to know it all. What she was seeing. Where she was going... If she was seeing someone.

"Well, my career really took off. My main focus has been on that. I've also been doing a lot of charity work which has become a great passion of mine. My main focus is on the foster care system and victims of domestic violence..." Her eyes focused on Freddie for a moment. "Other than that... Nothing much. It takes up a lot of my time, but I can't complain."

"And your furry little beasts? Are they all alright?"

She gave him a small smile, as if she was surprised that he remembered. "They're all fine. Sasuke may be missing you just a little bit..."

"Understandably so," Freddie said, shrugging his shoulders. "And what about you?" He arched his eyebrow.

"What about me?"

"Have you missed me?"

Marie forced them to make a small pause as she brought in the rest of their meals, serving them in front of them. "I know you want me to say that I have..."

Again, he gave her that smile. Even without her saying anything, he was almost entirely certain he knew the answer. "I'm just searching for the truth..."

"Things were complicated back then."

"And they're not now?" he asked. Was she implying that there was no one in her life, or was she asking if he was on his own now?

"I don't know. You tell me."

Freddie reached for his wine. If it were up to him, he'd devour her right there and then. There was no question about it.

"Thanks, Marie," he murmured, but all his focus was on Estrella. "Mary and I broke up a long time ago. I'm touring all the time... The band is doing great. So you tell me... Are things complicated now?"

"Are we just going to go our separate ways again? No goodbyes... No explanations?" she asked him. Her eyes were locked on his in a way that made his cock hard. His gaze lowered to her lips; he couldn't help but imagine them wrapped around his cock.

Fuck.

"No. I don't think we would. But that depends on you this time..." he said, still tiptoeing around the question that he wanted to ask. He knew he had no right to ask, yet with every second he spend with her, he could feel the hunger for her grow more and more.

He wanted her.

He still wanted her.

"There isn't anyone... But I don't know..." Estella stalled in her words. "I don't know if I want to just...do it all over again. I don't know if I can."

"I don't want to leave," Freddie admitted. His hand reached for hers over the table, his fingers intertwining with hers. The motion of that alone sent an electrifying sensation through his body. "I've thought about you... Over and over again over the past few years. Even when I shouldn't have," he admitted shamelessly. He knew it was bad, but he didn't see the point in hiding it any longer.

"I thought about you too." Her words were surreal–a melody to his ears.

"Say it again," he demanded. Freddie wanted to hear her say it over and over again. "I want to hear you say it again, princess."

Her lips parted; he had to fight the urge to lean over the desk to kiss her.

"I thought about you too," she admitted. "Over and over again. I didn't want to. I was mad at you for the longest time. Hell, I was mad at myself..."

His fingers circled over the skin of her palm. Slowly. Sensually. It was such an innocent movement, yet filled with so much tension that neither of them could deny it.

"I want you," Freddie stated. It had to be said. He needed her to know it. Whatever she decided to do with it, he'd respect.

"Then you should take me."